Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8

Old 05-30-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Re: PLO8 $22 MTT on Stars...

Your Ace isn't suited which makes it a little weaker but it seems like villain has raised from the CO multiple times and you have folded. Also, he has the SB and BB covered by over 2:1 in chips, and since they haven't been compelled to get involved with him he might be trying to steal. This is a tough spot. If you call, you're risking 27% of your stack with position on villain. So I don't hate a call here because:

1. His range of hands is wide.
2. You have position (most importantly).
3. You have a while before the blinds come around to you.
4. If the flop doesn't hit you and you fold, you'll still be 4th in chips with a chance to still make the money where anything can happen.

This may seem passive, but if you re-raise and he jams you are either folding and going to the short stack, or pushing and gambling with villain.

AC
Old 05-30-2007, 04:47 PM

I thought about just calling here, what with Hero having position. The problem I have with it is that with this particular hand, seeing the flop will only rarely give you a clear indication that you should fold (assuming villain c-bets). Two or three cards come low, you have 2nd nut low (or 2nd nut low draw) - are you going to fold on the assumption that villain has A2xx? Cards come two high one low and give you one pair or maybe OESD with backdoor low - now what? I don't think you can fold there either. The number of flops where you save yourself by being able to fold is IMO outweighed by the fold equity of the preflop reraise.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:40 PM

I think your decision should be pretty simple as far as the villain goes. I would be more worried about the people still left to act. I wouldn't mind seeing a flop heads up, but I would hate for it to be mutliway.

If I thought it was unlikely that anyone else would tag along, I would just call. If it was one of those tables were people always want to see a flop for one bet, no matter how much of their stack it costs them, I would just raise him preflop, assuming of course that I felt my hand was good against his range.

Thats just my opinion, maybe I'll change my mind after I read the responses.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:45 AM

I just hated calling here, because even though I have position on the villian he WILL bet pot into me on the flop no matter what comes...He did it on a flop of J96, 2 spades when I had A982ds...I really, really thought he was making a move, but I didn't have spades and if he did with a Jack I'd be in horrible shape...

BBart's logic here was kinda what I was going with...What do I do with a flop of 84T? I can't call a continuation bet that the villian makes with my hand...I most likely would call his continuation bet on a J95 flop and probably would reraise him there...

I really think that the decision here is to reraise or fold...I think folding is just waaaaaaaaaay to weak against this particular opponent and given the blinds play which was very, very, very, very tight...And like I said even if he does call I wanted him to see that I'm willing to make him play for his entire stack with a "marginal" hand, which I would hope would slow him down a little bit because with him always having action before me I couldn't be as aggressive as I wanted...

I'm definitely not saying I'm correct here, I think there are merits in reraising or folding but I think that calling (while not a horrible play) is the 3rd option...I asked the guy if I woulda made him laydown a non-premium hand but he never responded...If I couldn't get him to laydown then folding becomes the better play IMHO...
Old 05-31-2007, 11:02 AM

I can't see a fold to a reraise-push here considering how much he'd have invested.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:10 PM

Are you kidding? He only has 36K of his stack in this pot, if he folds he is still the chip leader at 200K...This is the first time at the table that anybody has stood up and played back at him...If he has a ragged A3/A4 or a mixed-bag of low cards getting involved in this kinda pot would be stupid because he can just go back to running over the table since it was so passive...
Old 06-04-2007, 12:15 AM

I repot this without thinking too much about it.