Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 04-16-2007, 02:43 PM

Default Bodog checks -- holds?

I deposited over 20k in Bodog checks on April 2nd, and when I hit the bank today I found out that there was a hold on all of that $$. A bank rep tried calling to see what was going on but got very little info -- the guy on the other end didn't know much, he just said there was a "hard hold" on the checks which implied that they would probably be returned.

Any one have similar experiences? I know Bodog had some issues earlier on with some checks, but these were the replacements. This hold is going to screw up some big estimated tax payments I need to make in, oh, the next two days . . .

But more important is whether I'll ever get to see that $$. Help?
Old 04-16-2007, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Bodog checks -- holds?

Looks like the guy from the "Returned PS checks" thread is having the same problem I am -- different poker site, but Citizens Bank, just like me.

Crap.

I'll ask here what I asked there:

All is becoming clearer. I am having the exact same problem with Bodog checks at Citizen's Bank. Time to visit Fleet.

"If they return the checks to me, will I have any problem depositing them to a different bank, or will I need new checks?"
Old 04-16-2007, 04:03 PM

You're complaining over 14 day hold? I deposited (2) 5K checks drafted from Bank of Montreal Bodog on Feb. 16th and 1 was released on 3/22 and came back acct. closed on 4/3. The 2nd one hasn't even hit my bank yet 58 days later... Bodog put the bank fee (5.00) into my Bodog acct and stated they would WU me the money on 4/3, but I haven't seen [censored] yet and I have another 2K pending since 4/3, so I'm out 12K right now just waiting. I'm confident they will make it right though.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:08 PM

get a new check from BoDog. It is easier.