Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2007, 11:03 AM

Default Re: Which past contestants have seen decent success?

[ QUOTE ]
I think Chris Daughtry will have the best post-idol career. He is easily the most talented of anyone that has been on the show

[/ QUOTE ]
You may be right about his sales, but I doubt it. As for his talent, not even close.
[ QUOTE ]
And the bonus for him was getting voted off early so that his credibility wasn't harmed by winning idol. You can see how much that title has done for Taylor...nothing much.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know if you can put any weight on winning the title hurting his "credibility". He sold albums because his voice meshes well with pop-rock and sounds solid in studio. Same with Clarkson (who won the title). Carrie won and sold a ton of country albums. I think every season, you run into performers and you run into singers and you run into studio voices. There is of course overlap between these, but historically the winners have come from anywhere across the board IMO.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And the bonus for him was getting voted off early so that his credibility wasn't harmed by winning idol. You can see how much that title has done for Taylor...nothing much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know much about what either has done since the show, but I've been seeing an awful lot of Taylor Hicks lately. He seems to be doing very well (commerials, concert tour, etc).
Old 03-30-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW Elliott Yamin's new album debuts at #3 on the Billboard Charts this week. Pretty good considering he didn't even get an Idol record deal - it was an independent release.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was reading the Allmusic review on this (dunno why, I would never buy it but he was my favorite contestant last year) and the whole thing was just lamenting the fact that he didn't win because he would have put out a really good album with all that help. Instead, America got a crummy Taylor album and a so-so Elliot album, whereas Allmusic believes that with some better help Elliot would have put out a really really good album.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:06 PM

Did anyone see Elliot Yamin on Jimmy Kimmel last night? I've never seen someone sweat like that when they weren't in an actual sauna. It was hilarious -- he was dripping buckets like a stuck pig, just drenched.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:18 PM

Listening to Yamin's album on Rhapsody... I like R&B, this is pretty meh. Couple decent ballads, and the track "Movin' On" is pretty tight. I bet with more talented producers he puts out a better album

I really like his voice - here is imo his best performance from last year's Idol:

Yamin on Idol - "Moody's Mood For Love"

-Al
Old 04-06-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, when Simon said Carrie would go on to sell more records than any previous Idol winner, I thought he was nuts.

Guess he was right. As usual...

[/ QUOTE ]

Putting out a good country album will get you much more sales than a good rock album. Country fans eat that sh*t up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and country fans still haven't learned how to download music yet.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, when Simon said Carrie would go on to sell more records than any previous Idol winner, I thought he was nuts.

Guess he was right. As usual...

[/ QUOTE ]

Putting out a good country album will get you much more sales than a good rock album. Country fans eat that sh*t up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and country fans still haven't learned how to download music yet.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]