Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2007, 06:44 PM

Default Re: NL200 - Combo draw play.

I meant 2-1 dog ... 70-30.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:53 PM

Most people don't like the flop raise? I like it.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure I would raise this flop, but since you did its an easy call.

I'm all about playing my big hands and big draws FAST, like you did here, but this isn't the best spot imo. Its a limped pot so there is a better chance someone hit a set and there is less money to be won if your semi-bluff works. Taking a card for $11 isn't bad since you have position.

If you were oop I would suggest leading and 3bet ai...same risk but you gain more when the bluff works.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why wouldn't you raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

GREAT POST!

I already explained it. Why would YOU raise?
Old 03-09-2007, 09:16 PM

i raise here because someone betting the pot like this in early position usually means top pair, and they will usually fold to a re raise like yours.
also, if you just call this bet and the turn blanks, you cant call another pot sized bet. if you the hit the turn, unless it completes your str8, you're probably not getting any money out of your opponent.
this is the only way to play your hand if your opponent is semi competent. if opponent is a wild fish i just call flop, as you have no fold equity.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i raise here because someone betting the pot like this in early position usually means top pair, and they will usually fold to a re raise like yours.
also, if you just call this bet and the turn blanks, you cant call another pot sized bet. if you the hit the turn, unless it completes your str8, you're probably not getting any money out of your opponent.
this is the only way to play your hand if your opponent is semi competent. if opponent is a wild fish i just call flop, as you have no fold equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone bet pot with A9 on the turn into 2 opps they are retarded.

Calling is right here, but I don't care enough to explain why.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:49 AM

One reason to raise may be for metagame so that villains know that your range is raising is not just 2pr and sets but also draws and hang on with top pair next time when you will be doing that with 2pr or a set.

I look at big draws and semibluffs with them as a way to cultivate an aggressive image so my big hands get action and I don't mind situations close to EV0 in either direction with them.

Just an idea.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

me neither [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img], lol jk, your a dick lol
Old 03-10-2007, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

me neither [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img], lol jk, your a dick lol

[/ QUOTE ]

i think Mr donktastice means that betting oop with a9 wouldnt accoplish much, it doesnt give villians a chance to take a stab at the pot and cant stand to call a raise. a CC line is morelikey for villian to make with anymade hand. if he leads the pot he likely has a better than average hand on this board, meaning that a raise by hero is kinda dumb
so hollaaaaaa.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:17 AM

limped pot= fewer overpairs + more suited Aces & small pairs= more hands that have you crushed= not the right time to get super aggro w/ a draw