Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2007, 05:03 PM

Default MLBTV looks good this year.

Watched the Mets-Cardinals game this afternoon and the broadcast quality was pretty good. For anyone without Direct TV, this is a pretty good option.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:17 PM

Default Re: MLBTV looks good this year.

My neighbor loves the Phillies and she had MLBTV last year and liked it alot. I am a Pirates fan and go to college in Western PA so I don't have a problem watching the games, unless they aren't being aired.

I would recommended MLBTV for any baseball fan.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:49 PM

Has anyone used the condensed game feature? How is that? In terms of broadcast quality, did you see the 400K or the 700K version?
Old 03-08-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Watched the Mets-Cardinals game this afternoon and the broadcast quality was pretty good. For anyone without Direct TV, this is a pretty good option.

[/ QUOTE ]

It will be even better if you get MLB.TV Premium. Preseason games are being broadcast at 350k and regular season will be 700k (check out the sample clip from last year's World Series). Also, you will be able to watch 6 games at a time. Lastly, it looks pretty decent when I run a VGA cable to my big screen (might be a better way to hook it up, but that's my only option).
Old 03-08-2007, 01:40 PM

Location: /goggles fill up with tears / oh crap hold on can\'t see anything

[ QUOTE ]
Also, you will be able to watch 6 games at a time.

[/ QUOTE ]

just my 2 cents: i would reserve expectations for the new version of mosaic. last year's version came out a month late (even the scheduled release date was after the season started) with poor quality and missing some features they implied it would have. if they actually get it out by april 2, i would expect it to be roughly as buggy/incomplete as the first playstation 3 shipment.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone used the condensed game feature? How is that?

[/ QUOTE ]

inconsistent. it used to be a great feature where they would actually show every at bat, but nowadays many games are reduced to only highlights, and often they pass over good fielding plays and just show the stuff that leads to run scoring.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, you will be able to watch 6 games at a time.

[/ QUOTE ]

just my 2 cents: i would reserve expectations for the new version of mosaic. last year's version came out a month late (even the scheduled release date was after the season started) with poor quality and missing some features they implied it would have. if they actually get it out by april 2, i would expect it to be roughly as buggy/incomplete as the first playstation 3 shipment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that sucks. For some reason I was under the impression that this is the first year they were offering mosaic. I can live without it, but it would be nice to have.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, that sucks. For some reason I was under the impression that this is the first year they were offering mosaic. I can live without it, but it would be nice to have.

[/ QUOTE ]

last year's mosaic had some poor video quality on the main screen, but the main problem was that you couldn't choose which six games you wanted to watch at once. all the day's games were divided between three pages, and you could only watch whatever games were on the same page.

this was bad enough, but they didn't even make an effort to synchronize the games. for example, they would put two afternoon games and three night games on each page instead of putting all the afternoon games on the same one, or mix the east-coast games in with the west-coast games. even on days where there were only 5 games, they wouldn't put them on the same page.

that said, i hope that the new directv deal will cause MLBAM to redouble their efforts for this year's video content. their list of upgrades for this year's MLB.tv is very ambitious, and i would be impressed (as well as surprised) if they pull it off. if they do, it will be an excellent product.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:14 PM

If they would get rid of the archaic blackout rules and I might consider paying for it.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

last year's mosaic had some poor video quality on the main screen, but the main problem was that you couldn't choose which six games you wanted to watch at once. all the day's games were divided between three pages, and you could only watch whatever games were on the same page.

this was bad enough, but they didn't even make an effort to synchronize the games. for example, they would put two afternoon games and three night games on each page instead of putting all the afternoon games on the same one, or mix the east-coast games in with the west-coast games. even on days where there were only 5 games, they wouldn't put them on the same page.

that said, i hope that the new directv deal will cause MLBAM to redouble their efforts for this year's video content. their list of upgrades for this year's MLB.tv is very ambitious, and i would be impressed (as well as surprised) if they pull it off. if they do, it will be an excellent product.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my first year with mosaic service. Didn't know they wouldn't let you choose your games. That sucks. I'm an NL only man and have no use for AL games.