Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2007, 12:14 PM

Default Will Neteller Pay?

I noticed the last thread on this appears to be locked, but I don't see why that is so. I am not trying to muck-rake, I have $3k in neteller that I want to see as badly as the next guy, but I am resigned to the fact that there is a good chance that this will never happen.

My reasoning:

I am assuming that Neteller is now being guided by counsel as to what to do to avoid any further legal exposure. If I were legal counsel to Neteller (and I am an attorney) I would conclude that there is a possibility that by transfering money (over the amount originally funded) to US customers that this may be construed as conspiracy to violate the wire act. If I were Neteller's counsel (and I am assuming based on their conduct at this point that Neteller is trying to comply with the US laws going forward) I would be soliciting the opinion of the DOJ on what to do with the money in US accounts, and trying to leverage this as a way to avoid any further prosecution.

I think there is a realistic possibility that the DOJ will determine who gets paid back what, and I would not be surprised if they seized the money in US accounts in excess of what was deposited by the account holders from banks/credit cards.

In some respect I hope this happens as it might spawn some interesting legal challenges.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:18 PM

Default Re: Will Neteller Pay?

[ QUOTE ]
I have $3k in neteller that I want to see as badly as the next guy

[/ QUOTE ]

I took out 3k this weekend via neteller card. If you email them and call I would think you might get it by Mon. if you are lucky. I mean if you don't already have a neteller card.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:32 PM

I have requested a card. The fact that the Cards are apparently still working is one of the only reassuring things I have seen, but it is not definitive to me.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have $3k in neteller that I want to see as badly as the next guy

[/ QUOTE ]

I took out 3k this weekend via neteller card. If you email them and call I would think you might get it by Mon. if you are lucky. I mean if you don't already have a neteller card.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt one could get a card that fast. I applied four days ago and still haven't received a decision regarding my application (note -- I don't see why I should have to apply anyway, just send me the damn card).
Old 01-24-2007, 12:37 PM

Since they will still send you a Neteller Card and you can withdraw to your hearts content at $1K a day, the evidence pretty strongly points to the fact that Neteller will be giving you back your money. The issue appears to be finding a way to do so with the sudden disappearance of ACH processors. Frustrating, but I dont think your money at Neteller is in danger.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:42 PM

neteller card fees?

do they charge a fee for use of the card? can you take it washington mutual (i dont think they charge for a non-wamu atm card) and withdraw for free?

3k in all 20's would suck too...but there is worse problems to have.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since they will still send you a Neteller Card and you can withdraw to your hearts content at $1K a day, the evidence pretty strongly points to the fact that Neteller will be giving you back your money. The issue appears to be finding a way to do so with the sudden disappearance of ACH processors. Frustrating, but I dont think your money at Neteller is in danger.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed....all this talk that neteller will screw their US customer is ridiculous, and shows the tunnel vision Americans have completely ignoring the fact that Neteller has millions of Canadaian and European players.

Screwing Americans out of their money would kill their reputation and their business.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:49 PM

I'm become more concerned about Neteller paying each day, and not for the "counsel" reason.

I'm waiting for $ that has been sitting in Neteller and was never sent to any gambling site, I just want it back via the EFT I have set up. They can take money from me via EFT in a flash. Their excuse's sound hollow to me.

It wouldn't suprise me at all if one of these days they declare some sort of insolvency, claiming something like "due to overwhelming withdrawal requests beyond our availible cash levels", etc.

Just a point. Money outfits like AMEX, or a normal bank handle millions of EFTs per day, why is Neteller overwhelmed?
Old 01-24-2007, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Screwing Americans out of their money would kill their reputation and their business.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I don't think Neteller has ANY intention of screwing its American customers and I fully agree that this would be terrible for their viability in the rest of the world. What I am positing is that Neteller's decision is probably in the hands of their attorneys, and I expect they will give LEGAL (as opposed to business) advice after consulting/negotiating with the DOJ.

What the DOJ says is anyone's guess.
But based on what Neteller has done thus far, I do not think they will willfully go against the DOJ's position on this. So while I agree that the initial 2 week delay was caused by ACH processing, I think the new 6-8 week delay referenced in another post is another matter entirely, and not unexpected.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:59 PM

Hate to bust anyone's "card bubble" here.....

Had a friend that yesterday tried to use his Neteller card, and it came up "Contact your provider"

Anyone else have a similar issue, or a successful attempt? IN THE LAST 24 HOURS!