Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2006, 11:30 PM

Default Re: WSOP Accomodations (Stars)

Yeah, i remember you from last year too. I got in the first weekend they offered sats. Won a $30 rebuy (top 3 got seats). How'd you get in this year? Another 650?

So has anybody actually been confirmed for:

a. the hotel?
b. the starting day?

gc
Old 05-05-2006, 07:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
probably meant to type "hanger" as in family/friends

[/ QUOTE ]

Careful now.

This is how we got "pwn" and "jopke"
Old 05-05-2006, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, i remember you from last year too. I got in the first weekend they offered sats. Won a $30 rebuy (top 3 got seats). How'd you get in this year? Another 650?

So has anybody actually been confirmed for:

a. the hotel?
b. the starting day?

gc

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, got in via the $650; congrats on the $30r. Took the $1000 cash instead of hotel, and I haven't heard my starting day yet (not heard of anyone who has).
Old 05-06-2006, 08:01 AM

I recived this mail from PS, so i see it as a confirmation of the hotel:

Thank you for your email.

We have noted in your registration that you will be arriving on the 26th. Please note that you will be responsible for that night and the hotel will charge you directly. You also have been assigned to Treasure Island. You will be receiving in a month or so a confirmation number.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions, it will be my pleasure to assist you.

Nathalie Hatter
PokerStars WSOP Event Staff
pokerstars@meridican.com
Old 05-09-2006, 06:55 AM

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, you should all feel lucky. The webiste I qualified through (and I won't slander them by name) has given me ZERO information despite my asking since February when I qualified. I don't know dates, times, locations, day choice, spending money, nothing. Zero details. Worries me. Feel good that you at least have communication!
Old 05-19-2006, 04:51 PM

Sent Them (Stars) an email in April... They were working on registration and will have info shortly.

Sent then a followup yesterday and got confirmation back from Nathalie that I am registered for a room at the Monte Carlo.

I will be arriving late on Thurs and booked a return flight for redeye on August 4th. Hope I get to change it!
Old 05-19-2006, 07:54 PM

just received this email. im arriviving on the 27th but i requested day 1C as my first pick for of the days. im afraid if i tell them im arriving on the 27th, this will influence the day i play. i dont have time to do it now but i will email stars and ask them if this will affect it.

bwana

Hello, member of the PokerStars team at the WSOP:

We have recently processed your registration with the WSOP and need to set up your hotel reservations. To do that, we need to know what day you're arriving in Las Vegas.

We realize that you may be waiting to make those plans until you know your start date in the main event. You should receive an email from the WSOP staff within the next two weeks that will contain, among other things, your start date information. Please be on the lookout for that email (and make sure it doesn't fall into your spam folder).

Once you know your arrival date in Las Vegas, please send it to us at:

pokerstars@meridican.com

There are a couple of reasons that we need it, but here's the one that matters the most to you: if we don't hear from you, then we will put your arrival date at the hotel to be Thursday, July 27th. If you don't arrive on that day, then the hotel will cancel your reservation; that is their policy, not ours. You will not have a place to stay when you arrive in Las Vegas.

To encourage you to send in that information, we will deposit 500 FPPs into your account when you send us your arrival date information. So if you already know what date you're going to arrive (regardless of your start date) then send it to us now - it's an easy 500 FPPs. Please note that this is only available to players who are booking their hotel through PokerStars.

Finally, please note that your arrival date does *not* affect the day on which you must check out of the hotel. Your reservation is to check out on Saturday, August 5th (with an extra four nights added if you're still in the event on August 4th). Arriving later does not push your initial reservation beyond an August 5th checkout.

We look forward to hearing from you soon with arrival date information. And we look forward to personally welcoming you to the World Series of Poker in three short months.

Best regards,
The PokerStars WSOP Registration Staff .
Old 05-20-2006, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
just received this email. im arriviving on the 27th but i requested day 1C as my first pick for of the days. im afraid if i tell them im arriving on the 27th, this will influence the day i play. i dont have time to do it now but i will email stars and ask them if this will affect it.

bwana

Hello, member of the PokerStars team at the WSOP:

We have recently processed your registration with the WSOP and need to set up your hotel reservations. To do that, we need to know what day you're arriving in Las Vegas.

We realize that you may be waiting to make those plans until you know your start date in the main event. You should receive an email from the WSOP staff within the next two weeks that will contain, among other things, your start date information. Please be on the lookout for that email (and make sure it doesn't fall into your spam folder).

Once you know your arrival date in Las Vegas, please send it to us at:

pokerstars@meridican.com

There are a couple of reasons that we need it, but here's the one that matters the most to you: if we don't hear from you, then we will put your arrival date at the hotel to be Thursday, July 27th. If you don't arrive on that day, then the hotel will cancel your reservation; that is their policy, not ours. You will not have a place to stay when you arrive in Las Vegas.

To encourage you to send in that information, we will deposit 500 FPPs into your account when you send us your arrival date information. So if you already know what date you're going to arrive (regardless of your start date) then send it to us now - it's an easy 500 FPPs. Please note that this is only available to players who are booking their hotel through PokerStars.

Finally, please note that your arrival date does *not* affect the day on which you must check out of the hotel. Your reservation is to check out on Saturday, August 5th (with an extra four nights added if you're still in the event on August 4th). Arriving later does not push your initial reservation beyond an August 5th checkout.

We look forward to hearing from you soon with arrival date information. And we look forward to personally welcoming you to the World Series of Poker in three short months.

Best regards,
The PokerStars WSOP Registration Staff .

[/ QUOTE ]

Check out the bold -- you get this email AFTER Stars registers you with Harrah's -- therefore, regardless of when you plan on arriving (or when you tell Stars you are arriving), it will have no effect on which flight Harrah's places you in. I've already emailed Nathalie and received some clarification on this. If you're desperate to find out your starting day, you can try to call Harrah's. They were giving out flight information over the phone last year ( 702-777-6777 ), but I have no idea if they're still doing that this year.