Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Huge pot developing

Seems like you are behind a lot of hands right now...maybe drawing nearly dead. UTG+1 probably has A8 or A5. And given your description of the others, someone else might be slow playing a set, looking to raise a later street.

I'd check the turn and decide based on action then.

Btw,who is villain?

I picture Kevin and/or D in the hand, though not as the described villain. After calling all bets they'd turn over a set of fives and say, "I thought you might have had a set of aces."
Old 11-16-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villian and I have a storied history. He is loose and aggressive. He is not stupid, but he is not the best hand reader and thinks I am more aggressive than I really am so he really ramps it up against me. During my epic downswing (which hopefully has ended) he put some epic beats on me so I am sure he thinks I hate him. The other villains are weak generally tight but aren't afraid to loosen up when the pot is big.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a multiway pot, your history isn't at play.There is no reason for him to be overaggressive against just you, he has an entire field to beat.

with that in mind... you call and re-evaluate on the turn. Your not trying to only beat him, you have a whole field to worry about when a new card drops.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Villian and I have a storied history. He is loose and aggressive. He is not stupid, but he is not the best hand reader and thinks I am more aggressive than I really am so he really ramps it up against me. During my epic downswing (which hopefully has ended) he put some epic beats on me so I am sure he thinks I hate him. The other villains are weak generally tight but aren't afraid to loosen up when the pot is big.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a multiway pot, your history isn't at play.There is no reason for him to be overaggressive against just you, he has an entire field to beat.

with that in mind... you call and re-evaluate on the turn. Your not trying to only beat him, you have a whole field to worry about when a new card drops.

[/ QUOTE ]

TT, I think this is why he would play alot of medium aces like this. If he thinks I am out of line at all it behooves him to try and pound while the others are still drawing. IAlso, the chances that someone have a set are not great here. These are bad, they are not terrible.

P.S. I might not have emphasized the fact that he has stuck many bets on the flop w/ tp suspect kicker in the past.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TT, I think this is why he would play alot of medium aces like this. If he thinks I am out of line at all it behooves him to try and pound while the others are still drawing. P.S. I might not have emphasized the fact that he has stuck many bets on the flop w/ tp suspect kicker in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

great, so then he'll bet that medium ace for you on the turn.

It's highly unlikely he would 4b the flop in a huge multiway pot with no huge draws and then check the turn. So you really shouldn't worry about it. Also, this is live poker vs. a regular-- there is no way after that action that you are beating his range.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:44 PM

Default Results

So I just called the turn and a T came on the turn. I felt like I was still ahead for some reason and donked. They all called. River came another T and I bet and got 2 callers. MHIG. He showed me AJ. I agree that c/c is probably best.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Results

do whatever you can to make this a one bet turn / one bet river pot
Old 11-17-2007, 05:03 PM

nh sir
Old 11-17-2007, 05:51 PM

i would call the 4b and donk the turn hoping he clears up the field w a raise and call down from there given that he thinks any top pr is the nuts so we are good often and he will pump it for value/protection
Old 11-18-2007, 05:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems like you are behind a lot of hands right now...maybe drawing nearly dead. UTG+1 probably has A8 or A5. And given your description of the others, someone else might be slow playing a set, looking to raise a later street.

I'd check the turn and decide based on action then.

Btw,who is villain?

I picture Kevin and/or D in the hand, though not as the described villain. After calling all bets they'd turn over a set of fives and say, "I thought you might have had a set of aces."

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain was Peace. The coldcallers were Todd and some other random older yellow chipper who I remember being somewhat loose and very passive.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:55 PM

uhhh, huge pot has already developed lol.

just call it down. typically i'd think about betting into him and having him raise the rest of the field out on the turn since they are definitely getting odds to draw to any gutshots or single pair (i.e. 2 pair/trips) draws for 1 bet.

the question imo is whether the amt of money you lose when he raises and you lose is greater than the expected money you save by preventing a draw out the % of the time you're ahead of him here and he still raises.

if he will almost never raise when behind on the turn, then you are pretty much forced to call down (if he'll obv bet the turn and river and you can still win).

Barron