Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing

Old 11-16-2007, 10:49 PM

Default Re: Fidelity IRA question

Your financial advisor is looking out for her financial gain first, not yours. She makes a commission that you will pay for in fees. I am a no-load fan myself. Getting investments from a normal retail bank is one of the worst places you can get investment advice, IMHO.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:39 PM

If you want to invest in mutual funds, then Fidelity is a good choice. Vanguard and T. Rowe Price are also good choices. Janus has some very good funds and has cleaned up their act after the scandal.

Investing in gold is a crap shoot. Been there, done that, won't ever do it again. Over a long period of time, you'd be better off in a money market fund unless you're willing to trade and try to get lucky.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:52 PM

I talked to my FA and she didn't seem too happy with my decision. She is going to call me on Monday. The problem is that my mutual funds have dropped like 300$ since I talked to her with this crap of a market.

I'm going to pull all of my money out of American Funds and put it back into ING until I figure out what i want to do. I'm also sticking with Fidelity and will probably look into some index funds and let them sit for 40 some years.

Edit: I'm terrible with trading and just can't seem to get it. I'm probably better off with the index funds and then maybe trying to start a business, or just saving my money.