Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 12:45 AM

Default Re: Disadvantages of dating a doctor or med student...

Yeah, if you get a dog and walk it in the park, then go do your daily yoga classes, you will meet so many females you don't know what to do with them all
Old 11-06-2007, 12:56 AM

I live in a small town when I'm home, which I'll be in after I graduate. I really don't think there are any clubs like that and there is a 0% chance that I'd meet someone who I'd be interested in. That isn't being pessimistic, that is being honest. I mean, I'm not so worried about meeting someone new. That really isn't my priority right now. I'm more concerned with moving on and learning to live without her. I still talk to her though and she said she wants to remain friends because I still mean alot to her.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I still talk to her though and she said she wants to remain friends because I still mean alot to her.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really need to gradually cut off communication unless there is a reasonable expectation for sex by having that very conversation.

Also, don't bother trying the friends stage until both of you are in/have been through another relationship, if ever.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'd also be giving up alot with my police training because any transfer, I'd probably have to do another academy if I move to a different state.

[/ QUOTE ]
You could probably be sponsored while you go into an academy in another state. My brother-in-law is getting officer pay while he's in the academy. He has a lot of connections, but I don't think it's necessary as several other academy students are sponsored. I'd imagine your experience would be a big plus (you also have military experience). If you are serious about moving I'd try contacting other agencies, telling them your situation, and see if they would sponsor you.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I still talk to her though and she said she wants to remain friends because I still mean alot to her.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really need to gradually cut off communication unless there is a reasonable expectation for sex by having that very conversation.

Also, don't bother trying the friends stage until both of you are in/have been through another relationship, if ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO you want to especially avoid conversation in this situation if there is a decent possibility it will lead to sex. Danger zone is ~1 to 2 weeks after breakup. Be on guard.

[ QUOTE ]
...I'm not so worried about meeting someone new. That really isn't my priority right now. I'm more concerned with moving on and learning to live without her.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason people are giving you advice about meeting other chicks is that meeting another chick is the single most effective way for you to get past your ex.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:49 AM

wow...super emo thread of the year.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:02 PM