Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8

Old 11-13-2007, 02:11 PM

Default Re: $5/10 NL on Full Tilt

no, but i am completely aware that Idiot is a complete maniac with no regard for money. he will push all-in for $1000 over a raise with AJ78s in a fullring game. he does some serious gambling...
Old 11-13-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Should I be offended? Like Chick-Fil-a...

"We didn't invent the chicken, just the chicken sandwich"

Do you honestly think that Idiot has spent 1/10 of the time researching this style and the math/statistics involved? In studying the 50k NL hands that I have on PT over the last 2 months, I have recently adjusted my style. Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like now Pred is buying in for $220 and only shoving with A4xx SUITED or better from UTG +3 or better FR, or UTG +2 Shorthanded.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:08 PM

I wonder how complex the algorithm is that arrived at $220 as the true and proper buyin. The other part is easy enough to unwrap.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:53 PM

I believe Mendy was joking.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe Mendy was joking.

[/ QUOTE ]

....or was I? Muah ha ha ha.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:12 PM

The more important issue is when is the upcoming bloodbath between Pred and OHILO King?? I wanna see blood in the streets!
Old 11-14-2007, 07:43 PM

Forgive my ignorance...should I know this person?
Old 11-14-2007, 08:36 PM

<font color="green">[censored by Buzz as inflammatory and insulting to another poster]

There was another post like this, maybe yesterday and I didn't deal with it. I should have and it was my fault that I didn't. I guess I hoped it would go away and I wouldn't have to deal with it or repercussions of it.

But now it's back again and this time I'm deleting it and following up with a post aimed at all posters.

What I deleted was not horrid - but in my judgment it went over the line.

Buzz</font>

Old 11-14-2007, 09:03 PM

he may be bad @ plo8, but I guess he is smart enough to stay away from it and create a rather nice ROI in NL. Saying someone is terrible b/c they play NL instead of PL is terrible. Its just a different game and knowing how to push different odds. THats like saying o8 is the only real o8 game and if someone sucks @ that but a winner @ PL, they must suck @ o8. The same thing can be used for holdem. PLH is a different game then NLHE. If someone is bad @ PLHe, but very good @ NLHE, does that make them a terrible play? Im not trying to say he is good or bad, im just saying that I know he has a good ROI for NLO8
Old 11-14-2007, 10:02 PM

<font color="green">To all posters -

I don't want to write a list of rules for people to follow. And anyhow, in my mind, Felicia is the head moderator of this forum. I agreed to moderate while she is recovering. Hopefully she'll be back soon. If she wants to impose a list of posting rules, let her be the one to do it.

I don't want to tell people how to post. I simply want us all to behave courteously to each other. I can't always tell when people are being nasty or simply joking.

If I let a poster insult another poster, then I have to let other posters respond to the poster who posted the insult. And the result is a lot of one liner trash talking.

That's not what this forum is about. We have a place here where we can discuss strategy and tactics and other topics that are related to Omaha-8 play or Omaha-8 games. Or we can discuss various topics of specific interest to posters on this site.

There seem plenty of other forums where posters can sling mud at each other and/or trash talk or drop what they think are clever one liners. I advise posters to go to one of those other forums to do their trash talking and mud slinging.

But please, not here.

Thanks.

Buzz</font>