Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 03:16 PM

Default Need good poker table for home game

I want to get a nice poker table that is resonably priced and can comfortably seat ten people. Can anyone point me in the right direction as far as where to purchas a solid quality table at a reasonable price? (I don't plan on making my own)
Old 11-08-2007, 03:24 PM

Default Re: Need good poker table for home game

http://www.pokersupply.com/pokertables.html
Old 11-08-2007, 03:35 PM

Everybody always says, "just make your own table!" Well, if your like me you don't have the tools, and wouldn't know where to begin anyway. Sometimes you just have to realize that your not cut out for certain things, and just pay someone else to build one for you or buy it online.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:35 PM

If you want a good table you should find a way to build one yourself. I'm marginally capable of any carpentry and built a table that is 5 times better than the folding pieces of [censored] that are prefabricated. If you decide to suck it up and go for it, here's a link that will give you everything you need to know.

http://www.junell.cc/pokertable/
Old 11-08-2007, 04:35 PM

I bought a really nice one for about $200 off Craigslist. You can usually find pretty good deals because a lot of people got into the poker craze a few years back, bought nice tables, and now they just take up space and they want to get rid of them.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:19 PM

I got one crappy table and one really nice octagonal table off of craigslist, each $50. Which reminds me, I should look for another one... They'll seat 9 mildly comfortably. Wouldn't want to do 10. But they fit more easily in more spaces.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:33 AM

I went to Sports Authority last week and picked up a 10 seat table for $109 brand new. It actually is pretty nice table, try checking that out if you have one around you.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everybody always says, "just make your own table!" Well, if your like me you don't have the tools, and wouldn't know where to begin anyway. Sometimes you just have to realize that your not cut out for certain things, and just pay someone else to build one for you or buy it online.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agree 100%

It's like telling someone who asks for a good place for deep dish/stuffed pizza to make their own. Yeah, it can be done...but after all the time and cost you put into the project, you may not end up with the product you wanted.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Agree 100%

It's like telling someone who asks for a good place for deep dish/stuffed pizza to make their own. Yeah, it can be done...but after all the time and cost you put into the project, you may not end up with the product you wanted.

[/ QUOTE ]
100% agree to disagree, but I do like the craigslist idea. Lots of supply, not so much demand...