Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy

Old 11-07-2007, 12:55 AM

Default Open shoving KK AA +EV in Bounty tournaments?

I've played quite a few live bounty tourneys in the past and have always had fun with them. Recently full tilt has added them and I was wondering what you guys think about open shoving Big pairs in hopes that smaller pairs will call just hoping to collect a bounty.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:06 AM

Default Re: Open shoving KK AA +EV in Bounty tournaments?

Might be good the first few hands while all the dead money is just dying to gamble if the buyin is under 10 bucks. I've done it in the past in non-bounty micros after limpers and have been called by any pair, A10+, random suited [censored], you name it more often than you would think.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:07 AM

I've been playing the bounties on cake recently and found that this is effective. Shoving aa or kk will get calls with 44+. Of course, cake players are a little more donkish that FTP players IMO.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:37 AM

with any and i mean ANY agression ahead of you AI is very +ev and i wont even qualify that with any time frame (evaluating this move later on V a bigstack doesnt even really mean much unless u know how they got their stack.)
i was knocked out of my first 3 FTP K's with KK AIPF against <AJ and these first 3 lasted about 25 minutes total
they are bad and they will gamble
if youre playing a hand you simply wont fold its your fault for not getting full value for it PF because the hands that will call a big reraise will very often call pushes (brings to mind a Q8s that knocked me outa my last with JJ AIPF- he obviously woulda called a smaller raise and i woulda had to ck fold that flop)
Old 11-09-2007, 07:18 AM

Hmmm that's not bad actually. When I get around to playing one of those knockouts, I'll keep this strategy in mind. I never make plays like that early in tournaments, but duvvard brings up a good point about the dead money.