Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 05:16 PM

Default Re: example of police coercion

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Bkholdem,

And Abbie Hoffman - Steal this book. This is also dated, circa 1960's, but read just the table of contents and you’ll be hooked. One of the most entertaining books I’ve ever read, although a bit radical and in my opinion, at some points, unethical.

Steal this book

For example, in his chapter under postage. Anytime you get a piece of junkmail, with "return postage guaranteed" just rip off the "return postage guaranteed" stamp and paste it to a box of garbage and send it off. The recipient must pay for the postage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAHAHAHAAAA I am gonna be on the loookout for any return postage guarantee junkmail.

But what do you do scratch off your address or what ? the return postage guarantee has to go in the corner right, you can't address it back to the sender can you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi BK

I throw out my junkmail without even thinking to look. At least, in the past, a little postcard would be included with a stamp that said “ Return Postage Guaranteed” and it would have the address of the person sending you the mail. Evidently, you could just paste this on any box of bricks and it would work. It may no longer be the same.

Most of his book is outdated, but hilarious. Incidently, the link I gave is to the whole book.