Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 10:07 PM

Default Re: Talking about 2+2 at the table.

In general mentioned anythinmg like this is bad. It will defintely change some peoples plays. Not that they become winners or tough players but they might change from retarded bad to slightly bad wich is costing u money. That goes for any chatting like about winrates or berating and telling ppl what mistakes they make. Some just dont care but a lot will at least think about it.

Old 09-14-2007, 03:18 AM

Dont talk about strategy.
Dont talk about that you use strategy.
Dont mention anything regards to playing well.

YOU ARE GAMBLING YOU ARE NOT PLAYING A GAME OF STRATEGY.

Im a hypocrite because I get bored.. But.... If you want the monies this is the smartest way to act.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:43 AM

I think you should never talk about anything regarding poker at the table.
Talk about your life, your job, maybe something about your other hobbies, but dont talk too much about poker.
Dont berate any players, and never give other players advice, even if you're asked.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:06 PM

You know the advangate of keeping someone in the dark is not that hard; you should try to beat anyone and only quit if it is to hard. posting here doesn't do much I think the connection would heip you; Also many players who have read Sklanksy don't change much. I wouldn't care if they can extract anything from these pages they deserve it.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:26 PM

Not just that but kill you, some people don't like being called names. At the wsope today they made a very stern order that it must be all english because of talking about someone behind thier back (the way they play). This is no joke just playing for soft drunk losers is dangerous. The last time I played I pulled down a super huge pot and someone blow up in my face the dealer had to pay the fellow off with his tip money and they didn't stop him; there are plenty of guns in Vegas and LA for some losing player to get revenge. the whole "losing money trip" is just looking for a fight. Poker demands equality in life I can just imagine Nixon talking gooks at the poke table all about bombing and any kind of gangland trash that is one reason poker and gambling has a bad name it is almost a synon for mob and cheat. Really that kind of play could be point shaving. He was a poker player and a cheat so what can you do?
Old 09-16-2007, 08:01 AM

Hahah great rant.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:01 PM

I've heard people before talking about 2+2 at the tables, and not once did I divulge any information that I post there too.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:17 PM

I think it's a disadvantage to you for another 2p2er to know that you are a 2p2er. If a player thinks I am a mediocre ABC tag, or w/e, and I KNOW that he thinks that and i know he's a 2p2er, I can murder him in some really bad spots. Information inequality is awesome.

This shouldn't really have any effect on the fish though. Even if they logged onto this site, they wouldn't learn anything. They'd just post in BBV or w/e. Also, there is a ton of bad advice in the strat forums, so even if they posted there, they still might not get much better.

On a side note, I don't think it's a bad thing that there is bad advice in the strat forums. It gives everyone an opportunity to learn when a poster makes a poor strategy suggestion.