Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 09-05-2007, 06:34 PM

Default Re: NCAAF Rank \'em Week 1

Lol at the OP thinking Texas is better than OU even before week 1. And yes you should take stock in this week's performance, not in OU's drubbing of UNT b/c it was expected but of Ark St. giving UT an actual scare and UT playing like absolute dogshit.

You grade every performance no matter who you play or else it wouldn't be Wed and the papers still flooding of App St./Mich stuff. Instead, we could just write it off as week 1 and a tune up...the real season starts in a few weeks or whatever. Um, no it doesn't they played like crap and so did Texas.

Nevermind that Texas didn't represent the Big XII South last year either yet Texas gets the respect? Meh, OU is the BCS team and the South champ as well as the team that showed up week 1.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:35 PM

There's a little middle ground here. I do think that Oklahoma is better than Texas and I don't think the Horns should be in the Top Ten after their Week 1 performance. However, that performance wasn't really representative of UT's talent either. Texas was obviously looking ahead to TCU this week and didn't take Arkansas State seriously at all. Also, ASU didn't make their run until the 4th quarter when Texas was likely trying even less hard than before.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:43 PM

If you're going to talk about last year, you can't leave out the fact that Texas beat OU on a neutral field pretty bad.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:03 PM

They actually outgained Texas by over 100 yards last year. They lost the turnover battle 5-0 which objectively has to be viewed as a pretty big fluke, especially in light of the fact that OU went on to win the conference.

I do think that Texas matches up well with Oklahoma though as their biggest weakness (no secondary) is one that OU should have a difficult time exploiting. I'd have to see Bradford do something against a real defense (Miami would work) before I'd actually pick the Sooners to beat the Horns.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're going to talk about last year, you can't leave out the fact that Texas beat OU on a neutral field pretty bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bitter about playing in the Alamo Bowl or losing to K State AND A&M in consecutive weeks? The Aggies at home too, ouch.

Just realize that OU won the South last year basically w/o the best running back in the country. Also, if the Oregon game wasn't rigged then we're talking about the #3 team in the country and if the coaches mucked it up a possible title game.

So yes, we will talk about last year b/c OU's was much better.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:44 AM

LOL

tdarko- I'm not a Texas fan. I really don't care.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:47 PM

Austiger-

I'm not an OU fan. I just point out ignorance.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:39 PM

I'm not saying anything until after the game on October 6th. I'm not even going to commen on OU's strength until after this week's Miami game. Having a young QB in these games tosses things up in the air.