Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 07:55 AM

Default good 3rd bullet?

villain took quite a bit time to call, especially on the turn so i sensed some weakness,i felt like he had a queen, good spot or spew?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $6 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">Hero ($637.50)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Button ($635.13)</font>
SB ($913.60)
BB ($621.20)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $22</font>, Button calls $22, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>,

Flop: ($53) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $40</font>, Button calls $40.

Turn: ($133) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $100</font>, Button calls $100.

River: ($333) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $250</font>
Old 08-29-2007, 08:09 AM

Default Re: good 3rd bullet?

W/o reads I usually don't like to make moves. To me it looks like A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] x [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] easily could be a big part of his range. When I play against random people, they tend to usually not fold it to a river bet.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:28 AM

Any stats on him? Depending on stats i like to do this some time as i think they do fold quite a bit. I think he folds a queen here alot but he could have alot more than a queen.
I do like it but if u have no reads or stats then i'm not too keen on it.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:39 AM

Do people prefer generally to "value bet" bluff these spots or just sticking in a more chunky bet, possibly overbetting (having decided to bluff in the first place). Obviously it's hugely opponent dependent but I find that against many opponents overbets work better, without necessarily have much worse risk reward.

You'd have to value bet similarly obv.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:07 AM

the opponent was tantalus333, pretty loose and aggressive with a high WTS (so obv that is a good reason to shut down), could be a good reg but i have no specific read and maybe he is a donkey i have no clue

i never overbet so i guess that would look superfishy for my opponents, i made the bet exactly how i would do it with set or AQ and maybe AK

the biggest reason for 3barrel was that he took so long on the turn to call

ok i tell you it worked, he folded
so i think my feeling was right that he took so long to call because he felt very unsure if he was ahead (or maybe thinking about odds with a flushdraw)

i wonder if this is often the case or if it was pure random he took so long and i was lucky to get him off the hand
Old 08-29-2007, 10:41 AM

I like the play, if you do it vs the right ppl. U gotta know his tendencies or stats before you make this move. vs random I do it sometimes but not to often.

Play the player!