Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 10:22 PM

Default Re: Pretty good draw in 1k facing flop c/r

[ QUOTE ]
honestly the ONLY hands u get to fold are random stupid c/r bluffs. The reason you can push is that you have ridic good equity vs a lot of 1 pair hands, but tbh it's pretty thin as you are getting called here all the time i think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with this 100 percent and I think him having a "stupid c/r bluff" here is pretty unlikely. Also I doubt that c/ring an overpair is his standard play, but I think its possible that he may be trying to vary his play against another thinking player.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:42 PM

Also Ansky do I really have that much equity against his range, I mean he raised utg, and is now c/ring the flop, I would think AJ is towards the bottom of his range (at least for the hands he is c/ring for value and not bluffing) and most of the other parts of his range have me in pretty bad shape.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:08 AM

yeah thats true, AA really has you crushed, as do a lot of other hands. I mean, I dunno, it sucks to get pushed off your hand but i don't really see him folding.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:10 AM

Its annoying but I think this a fold. I think you are getting called a lot when you shove.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:10 AM

Seems like discussion has died down so guess I'll post results. I had JJ and was just mixing it up pretty much. Wouldn't play it like this too often. Come on man you gotta shove there! It's funny on the turn after you called the flop I was trying to represent a hand like you actually had like KQ or 99 or 89 or something. Funny you were the one with the draw. Seemed like you almost called too, or were you just so confused you were just thinking it over?
Old 08-01-2007, 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems like discussion has died down so guess I'll post results. I had JJ and was just mixing it up pretty much. Wouldn't play it like this too often. Come on man you gotta shove there! It's funny on the turn after you called the flop I was trying to represent a hand like you actually had like KQ or 99 or 89 or something. Funny you were the one with the draw. Seemed like you almost called too, or were you just so confused you were just thinking it over?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's kinda why he folded (you trying to rep the type of hand he had) knowing a good aggressive player raising from utg would probably rather b3b than c/r a drawy/semibluff type hand. I guess if you were a random a shove would be great for Menlo b/c you would show up with those hands 99/98/KQ etc more often to make it more profitable. Stack sizes here aren't really condusive to a possible 3bet/fold so if you c/r the flop with 99/98/KQ he is somewhat wasting the value in a medium strength hand out of position if he does this. This is kind of rabblish but if someone can help translate my thoughts it's much appreciated.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:27 AM

t mac i hate to tell you this, but this isn't really a spot where oyu hvae to mix it up. if you c-bet this flop everytime you'd never have to worry about CRing with hands like this to mix it up, it's pretty transparent tbh, i think it blows.

no offense or anything, i just think CRing as the pfr is pretty gay a lot of the times and this is one time where it's super gay.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I turned a flush draw also, so I was just trying to figure out if I had enough equity to call (obv not).