Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 02:55 PM

Default Two hands from Commerce last night

Frond and I played at separate tables last night. I'll call his hand posts ordinary. So to change things up a bit here are two hands from the Twilight Zone.

Fairly typical Commerce table, 3 LAGs, 3 LAPs, so it doesn't take much to set the table on fire.

Hand One - At the end of this hand I said this was the sickest 3 bet I had ever seen and another player agreed. See if you can figure it out.

Young Asian Guy (YAG) sitting UTG had been doing an interesting and fairly good job of turning his maniac switch on and off so you had to be a little careful of him. He is two seats on my right and raises the button every time. As a result, most of my BB's have been folded. UTG he has a penchant for blind raising and does so now.

UTG+1 is a relatively new arrival and falls into the LAG crowd. He immediately 3 bets while wolfing down a pot roast dinner. I am in the next seat and announce that my 52o isn't strong enough to cap and I fold.

4 players see a 3 bet flop. Flop is K73 rainbow. UTG bets, ALL call.

Turn is a 4. Now one of the spectators is laughing at me for my announcement that my 52o was no good. UTG bets, 3 call.

My harasser calls for a 6 on the river and it hits!!! Did I fold the winner? POS!!! UTG bets and UTG+1 RAISES. All fold back to UTG who calls. What does UTG+1 show down? As I've stated, it's sick.

Hand two: Let's call this one, when would you get off the raise bus?

YAG is in this one too, except this time his antagonist is one seat to his right, not his left. Antagonist and YAG re-raise each other PF to cap and bring along 3 others for the ride.

Flop is K63 rainbow. It again goes to cap, but it is now H/U.

Turn is an Ace. Antagonist first, it goes back and forth to 7 (!!!) bets. Put yourself in YAG's position and assume you have his hand (KK). On that board, H/U, how many bets would you go on the turn and why?
Old 07-31-2007, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Two hands from Commerce last night

#1 - A5 , I dont even know?

#2 - I guess one more is probably good and then call down if he puts in another raise.

Also WOW I guess I was at totally the wrong table!
Old 07-31-2007, 05:36 PM

Hand One - You have to think of the exact opposite of what you would EVER consider doing, like my playing 52o to get the win. Try 3 betting with 64o!!! F'in SICK 3 bet that hits 2 pair on the river and wins!!! Hence my comment in the other post about giving players TOO MUCH credit at Commerce.

Hand 2 was KK vs. AA - The interesting event was the discussion between the semi-maniacs after the fact. BOTH put the OTHER on AK. But if you looked at the board, the only three hands that made any sense past 3 bets were AK, KK and AA. Since, regardless of which player you were, you had one of these hands, neither player considered the range of hands (only two) or considered that they could be up against a much bigger hand than they anticipated until the betting got up more than one full cycle past the normal limit.

So, my cards were very dull last night. I fought back from 2 racks down to win $20! But my table was actually very interesting, particularly with this one guy who would turn his "maniac switch" on and off and you had to detect whether he was on or off and play accordingly.

I just wish I had more playable hands. I was stuck with suited connectors all night that rarely hit, mostly missed.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:42 PM

LOL, how many bets did hand 2 go?

[ QUOTE ]
I fought back from 2 racks down to win $20!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was also down about a rack but I came back and won two! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

At one point playing stud I raise with split Js after a couple people just clal the BI and 8 players went to 4th street. I would not be at all suprised if at some point a community card would have to be used for 7th street because everyone went to the river. siiiiick fun
Old 07-31-2007, 06:00 PM

It went SEVEN bets on the turn when to me and one other player it was fairly obvious it was KK v. AA. But how often does that happen AND the board gives BOTH of them their sets? I'd told the guy with KK - I call your hand a "destined to die" hand. You have great cards, the odds of being bettered are a very longshot against you...uh oh...that longshot just got you. Destined to die.

PJ, I'll leave the stud game to you. I'd like to learn it, but O/8 is on my radar for improvement this year. I think one new game at a time is about all my brain can handle!