Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Your blow use
Never touched it, never will 297 68.28%
Very occasionally, if I'm out partying, and somebody offers it to me, maybe I'll do a bump or two, but this is pretty rare and it never goes further than that 108 24.83%
Fairly consistently when I'm out at a bar or party. I tend to either have some on me, or I'll make sure that one of my buddies does before we go out. 15 3.45%
Anytime I'm out I have it on me and do a lot. I also do it at people's houses and usually have a decent amount stashed away in my possession at home. I have a regular dealer. 4 0.92%
Out of control, all the time. Morning, during the day, at night. I can't stop and I'm worried about it. 11 2.53%
Voters: 435. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2007, 02:32 PM

Default Re: Gavin Smith... Puss......

I listen to their show (and I am a fan), but could not agree more with you. The bet is silly, at best. Gavin said early on that he would not participate in the bet again since it had already been done. However, he gave into the pressure and made the bet. Funny thing is that I remember an e-mail on the Pokerwire show that asked the question (paraphrase) "what was the wildest prop bet that they were aware of thus far during the WSOP?" Joe Seebok actually said that his bet with Gavin and Madsen was the wildest. Are you serious? Goofs dressing up in a costume for the second year in a row? The first time it was a novel idea. The second time, it was just plain silly.

ThreeBeers
Old 07-10-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else tired of the whole Seebok/Smith/Madsen prop bet thing? It's in Cardplayer, Bluff, Pokernews updates and video. Ugh. Too attention-whorish for me. Just play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

qft
Old 07-10-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bust a deal, face the wheel!

[/ QUOTE ]

source please. is this Snake Plisskin?
Old 07-10-2007, 06:59 PM

Mad Max 3 IIRC
Old 07-11-2007, 04:30 PM

whats funny is that if he had continued the bet and wore a jester costume for the ME, this topic would be replaced by a thread about how much of a media whore gavin smith is.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whats funny is that if he had continued the bet and wore a jester costume for the ME, this topic would be replaced by a thread about how much of a media whore gavin smith is.

[/ QUOTE ]

not even close. I read about this in Bluff(think its bluff maybe all in) quite awhile ago and have been looking forward to the coverage.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:28 PM

Did Jennicide or however you spell her made up name show up in lingerie or however you spell attractive underwear? I remember reading about that somewhere but then didn't hear anything about it.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it kind of makes sense that gavin isn't gonna wear the jester costume. i mean, espn filmed his 2nd place finish, and joe/jeff didn't make any final tables. i guess gavin got no credit for it because the other two didn't play that event so he technically loses the bet.. i could see how he might not want to parade around on tv in the loser's outfit.. kinda annoying for espn to explain too, "yeah we know you saw this guy win a lot but that didn't count.. don't worry it's complicated"

aj

[/ QUOTE ]

aj, it would be easy for ESPN to just say, well Gavin and Jeff lost a prop bet to Joe, and this is the outcome. They would not even have to give the details, and if they did, no one watching would really care.

If I was Jeff, I would be pissed.. but then again maybe not, publicity is publicity I guess and anyone that Jeff gives a rats ass about already knows the details and def would not think any "less" of him.

Gavin on the other hand...............
Old 07-11-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not even close. I read about this in Bluff(think its bluff maybe all in) quite awhile ago and have been looking forward to the coverage.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I was getting at was this tendancy to critcize players for everything and anything recently. (negreanu, sebok etc)Its hypocritical and doesnt serve any purpose other than to antagonize the players involved, which is probably the aim anyway for the people who start these threads.

anyway i appreciate your disappointment but imo gavin smith, sebok, madsen ectc are private individuals who really dont owe the public anything in the way of fulfilling crazy prop bets if they dont want to.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What I was getting at was this tendancy to critcize publicity seeking attention whores/players for everything and anything related to the things they seek to get attention for. (negreanu, sebok etc)Its perfectly ok to do this since they are the ones that put it out there firstand doesnt serve any purpose other than to express the opinions of the posters about the attention seeking media whores and their ploys to gain attention and publicity anyway I appreciate your disappointment but imo gavin smith, sebok, madsen ectc are private individuals who made a public bet and promoted it in 3 seperate places recruited sponsors and owe the public and their sponsors a fulfillment to their commitmentIf they don't want the publicity then keep private matters private and don't post it on 3 different internet sources and involve sponsers, and media outlets

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP !!!!!