Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 09:09 PM

Default Moneybookers question

A 2-parter

1. Are fees charged only on deposits to Monetbookers from bank or credit card. Can funds be transferred to and form poker sites without fees? Are there other fees

2. Why do they ask if funds will be used for gaming or non-gaming activities? I am tempted to say non-gaming.

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2007, 09:32 PM

Default Re: Moneybookers question

[ QUOTE ]
A 2-parter

1. Are fees charged only on deposits to Monetbookers from bank or credit card. Can funds be transferred to and form poker sites without fees? Are there other fees

2. Why do they ask if funds will be used for gaming or non-gaming activities? I am tempted to say non-gaming.

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. For a deposit from the bank, not by MB, but your bank will likely charge you for a wire. By CC, 1.9%. No fees to and from sites. $4.67 for a cheque withdrawal or $2.40 for an International bank transfer, that's it for fees AFAIK.

2. To let the CC company know, I would imagine. This might cause some to decline the transaction. Problem is, if you say no, you can't use those funds on a gaming site, so what's the point? I suggest you say yes and hope for the best.

More info here:

eWallets for Canadians
Old 05-10-2007, 10:29 AM

Yea, I did deposit 50$ and I said it was for non-gaming purposes (that was simply a misclick) and it was denied when I tried to deposit on FTP. THen, I deposit 50$ FOR gaming purposes and it went through without problem.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea, I did deposit 50$ and I said it was for non-gaming purposes (that was simply a misclick) and it was denied when I tried to deposit on FTP. THen, I deposit 50$ FOR gaming purposes and it went through without problem.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ahhh...excellent news. That's the first report we've seen from someone who tried this. Did you deposit the $50 on FT, or the entire $100? It will be interesting to see how they handle this with your future deposits...IE will $50 ALWAYS be unavailable for deposit to gaming sites, or will this "go away" once you make a couple of transfers. Let us know if you find anything out, please.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ahhh...excellent news. That's the first report we've seen from someone who tried this. Did you deposit the $50 on FT, or the entire $100? It will be interesting to see how they handle this with your future deposits...IE will $50 ALWAYS be unavailable for deposit to gaming sites, or will this "go away" once you make a couple of transfers. Let us know if you find anything out, please.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to know this also. I funded my moneybookers account by withdrawing funds from various rooms. I just want to verify my cc to increase my outgoing limits.

I can live with the verification amount (no more than $3) being unavailable for gambling purposes, but if my entire balanced is flagged as non-gambling I'm screwed.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to know this also. I funded my moneybookers account by withdrawing funds from various rooms. I just want to verify my cc to increase my outgoing limits.

I can live with the verification amount (>$3) being unavailable for gambling purposes, but if my entire balanced is flagged as non-gambling I'm screwed.

[/ QUOTE ]
It sounds like it won't be, since roo deposited $50 as "non-gaming", then $50 as "gaming", and was able to use the $50 right away, if I understand correctly.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:55 PM

I only deposited the 2nd 50$ (the ''gaming'' one) on FTP. The other one, I cashed it out to see how much time it would take them to send me the check
Old 05-10-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I only deposited the 2nd 50$ (the ''gaming'' one) on FTP. The other one, I cashed it out to see how much time it would take them to send me the check

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, that's perfect. Next time you go to make a deposit, you'll know whether $50 is still being tagged as non-gaming. Since you cashed it out, it would make sense that it wouldn't be, but if you think of it, please post a trip report if/when this happens.