Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 02-22-2006, 05:37 PM

Default J10 SB, flop mid pair oesd, Help

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

I don't have the exact stats on players but all 3 of the opponents in this hand see 50% of the flops or more. None are overly aggressive. I just butchered this hand, help me out please.

Thanks

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes?, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks?, BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises?</font>, BB folds, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (5 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks?, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero?
Old 02-22-2006, 05:42 PM

Default Re: J10 SB, flop mid pair oesd, Help

you're getting 4-to-1 immediate odds to what might be a split. I think you're often facing two pair here. I think it's okay to fold here, but calling is probably not a huge mistake either. A bit problematic is the CO to act after you. If he raises after your call (and god knows if button raises), you'll end up having paid a biiig price to see your draw through.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you're getting 4-to-1 immediate odds to what might be a split. I think you're often facing two pair here. I think it's okay to fold here, but calling is probably not a huge mistake either. A bit problematic is the CO to act after you. If he raises after your call (and god knows if button raises), you'll end up having paid a biiig price to see your draw through.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have a problem folding the turn as I think correct. I'm concerned about how I got myself in that spot. I would like to see the river.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:58 PM

Personally, I'd fold here. You are behind a lot of hands and you are potentially drawing to a split pot.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is SB with J, T.
2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes?, BB checks.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have the question mark there why? Easy easy complete. If you're considering raising OOP with unsuited low broadways, you're spewing. Folding there is horrible, so the only option is to complete. Played preflop well. Though the decision is quite remedial.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (4 SB) 9, T, Q (4 players)
Hero checks?, BB checks, CO checks, Button bets, Hero raises?, BB folds, CO calls, Button calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the tricky street here. The checkraise as you played it worked okay for the flop, but I'm much more inclined to donkbet the flop with my middle pair OESD to build a pot, if someone raises behind me thats fine, I'll have odds to call.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (5 BB) A (3 players)
Hero checks?, CO bets, Button raises, Hero?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can fold here as played. You have tainted outs with the flush draw out there, you're only getting 4:1 and may be drawing to split. if you raised the flop, I will usually followthrough on the turn, probably why I like betting outright on the flop rather than getting fancy with the checkraise. Reacting to their raise on the flop gives me a bit more information than you have on this turn.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:42 PM

I'd start by betting the flop. This gives you a little fold equity (in case 3 people fold, you might be able to fire on the turn and pick up the pot). If you get raised on the flop it helps to set up a check raise in case you hit your draw on the turn.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:02 PM

I hate your flop play.

we have an action flop, lots of ways for people to call with worse hands, you have good equity with 8 outs to a straight, 2 trips outs that do not complete the flush. we really don't mind putting a couple bets in on the flop with draws padding the pot.

c/r out of position puts you in this nasty position on the turn, where you absolutely have to give up initiative and now top pair/two pair/set hands can make you fold what could possibly be a clean 10 outer. the turn sucks.. you can probably fold there because of chopping problems.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:50 PM

Default Result

[ QUOTE ]
I hate your flop play.

we have an action flop, lots of ways for people to call with worse hands, you have good equity with 8 outs to a straight, 2 trips outs that do not complete the flush. we really don't mind putting a couple bets in on the flop with draws padding the pot.

c/r out of position puts you in this nasty position on the turn, where you absolutely have to give up initiative and now top pair/two pair/set hands can make you fold what could possibly be a clean 10 outer. the turn sucks.. you can probably fold there because of chopping problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew I completely blew this hand. I got away with the flop check raise which I should not of after seeing there hands. Then the turn was terrible so I had no choice but to fold.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (5 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds, CO calls.

River: (9 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
CO has Td Qs (two pair, queens and tens).
Button has 9s Qc (two pair, queens and nines).
Outcome: CO wins 9 BB. </font>

Never gave myself a chance to win I played it so bad. I got what I deserved.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:57 PM

I lead the flop. The RR is only going to knock out players and I don't think that is what you want. I'm curious to read other's responses though.