Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life

Old 04-03-2007, 01:20 AM

Default Re: beat: renting without any income

Smack landlord with a stack of hundo LDO.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:20 AM

At the bottom of the app put: "I will do sexual favors if I'm ever short on the rent"
Old 04-03-2007, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering the same thing myself a couple days ago. There's probably a lot of self employed people out there that just have to show bank statements or pay up front. Would love to hear how this turns out

[/ QUOTE ]

This particular place wants proof of income AND bank records. For self-employed people, they want an income tax assessment to show income...

... well if my income isn't taxable, then I can't show any income.

But then I started thinking... I doubt anyone who won the lottery would have trouble renting a place (I guess most of them wouldn't, but beside the point). So there's gotta be some sort of pure hard cash way of plowing into a rental agreement.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:53 AM

1. 12 months bank statments/saving statements showing a saving of atleast that much.
2. Say you are willing to move in whenever the landlord would like.
3 A letter from an accountant stating how much you earned last year in non-taxable income. Would be considered proof of income, secondly you could have them write on this letter that they believe that you could support this liability.

Be upfront about it if they ask, and if they still reject you ask to set-up a meeting with the landlords and put your own spin on yourself, rather than the warped presentation of a real-estate agent.

P.S I used to be in property management before I changed to finance broking, if they think your hiding something they will not even give you a chance.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

1. 12 months bank statments/saving statements showing a saving of atleast that much.
2. Say you are willing to move in whenever the landlord would like.
3 A letter from an accountant stating how much you earned last year in non-taxable income. Would be considered proof of income, secondly you could have them write on this letter that they believe that you could support this liability.

Be upfront about it if they ask, and if they still reject you ask to set-up a meeting with the landlords and put your own spin on yourself, rather than the warped presentation of a real-estate agent.

P.S I used to be in property management before I changed to finance broking, if they think your hiding something they will not even give you a chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

So... lie better? Or tell them I gamble for my income?

Which gives me a better chance?

Would many places have a policy AGAINST taking several months in advance as collateral? Could doing this allow me to waive doing the other steps? (their form required the bank to fill out a form indicating my average balance over the past 3 months).