Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2006, 07:15 PM

Default Getting games going at Party Poker

Can the regulars in these games please consider doing this??

There is still definite interest in PLO8 after the ban and enough players coming through to have several tables of $0.5/$1, $1/2, $2/4 PLO8 running during the peak hours.

The trouble is that no one sits down to start them. That has to change.I'll often sit at a table of 5 or 6 regulars when there's only one $200 PLO8 table and there'll be someone on the waiting list. If some of the regulars do the hard work of starting new games, we can have an extra table very easily. As soon as a table is full or very close, please consider starting a new one. There are a heap of horrible players who wander through from holdem and they will join. Today I got two full $200 and $100 tables going. It took 15 minutes of sitting by myself and about 10 minutes of short handed, but they quickly filled up once a few players joined.

I'll even promise to play less agressively (30/5 type game) at short handed tables until they start filling up, if you're intimidated to play me heads up. No softplay, and no favors for regulars, just making it easier for games to get going.

Anyway I hope you guys can see this is for the good of the game and all us players in the long run. These guys are begging to donate their money and I believe in giving people what they want.

If you're already doing this, a big thank you.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:01 PM

Default Re: Getting games going at Party Poker

Why not just give up and go to Stars/FT. Most of us that play regularly were american I think.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:13 PM

Because I like the Party software, and the games are incredible. Party always had the best games by far and they still do.

Also there's a lot of euro traffic there during the US morning when other sites are dead, so it's worth doing for us Euro/Aussie/Asian players
Old 12-12-2006, 08:22 PM

Staying for the quality of games I can understand but I don't know how you can like the software. The ONLY thing I liked better were the filters and multiple table wait list feature but that didn't even work very well.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:04 PM

This is the crap I'm talking about:

5 deep waitlist and I'm sitting alone at 2 tables. Non regulars come through and want to play but soon get sick of heads up when no one joins.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:55 AM

The same thing happens at Full Tilt. We all seem to have different sites we like and play for different reasons. Even us Americans do not agree which is the best Pot Limit O8 site. Some say Stars, others say FT and then some like Bodog. Non US players can still play Party and do, such as yourself Phill. I do not know if the games will ever be like they used to be on the old Party. I know there is no way to combine the Stars and FT players but being the selfish person that I am I think all regulars playing Party PLO8 games need to suck it up and stop playing Party and let it die out then all the players will have to migrate to where the games are - FT and Stars. Just an early morning half asleep selfish thought.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know there is no way to combine the Stars and FT players

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say that well over 60% of the PLO8 regulars on FT (focusing on mid to low stakes) play regularly on Stars also. Case in point, while I'm multi-tabling on Stars and have FT open.. the same people are on both.

Main exceptions would be micro-stakes and high-stakes. These players seem to multi-site less.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know there is no way to combine the Stars and FT players

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say that well over 60% of the PLO8 regulars on FT (focusing on mid to low stakes) play regularly on Stars also. Case in point, while I'm multi-tabling on Stars and have FT open.. the same people are on both.

Main exceptions would be micro-stakes and high-stakes. These players seem to multi-site less.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what you are saying but if all the players were on 1 site you would have more more tables at all levels than the 2 sites have combined now and the games would attract more new players. So everyone needs to stop playing Party, Bodog, UB, AP and Stars and play FT or vis versa. Thats the way the world should be according to Susan so don't argue with me davebreal.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I understand what you are saying but if all the players were on 1 site you would have more more tables at all levels than the 2 sites have combined now and the games would attract more new players. So everyone needs to stop playing Party, Bodog, UB, AP and Stars and play FT or vis versa.

[/ QUOTE ]

there are usually 8+ $1/$2 table running at peak hours on Stars, a couple of $2/$4's, and I'm sure plenty of $.50/$1's also. That is much than FT ever has, but I guess r.b. is an issue too. Quit playing at FT.. who cares if you can't fix your SN at Stars. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Thats the way the world should be according to Susan so don't argue with me davebreal.

[/ QUOTE ]
c'mon, nobody listens to southerners!