Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2007, 06:55 PM

Default Flush vs heavy action

Villain unknown.

I'm kinda trying to figure out where to draw the line with a non-nut hand that's pretty damn good, like this one. Please comment on how much action I should try to get with this hand. If the board didn't pair should I cap it? Should I just call any river bet? Etc etc. Or was this the perfect amount of action? I don't know. Anyways, thanks for your help.

Obviously I had my reasons for PF.

Full Tilt 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB (poster) checks.

Flop: (2 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (2 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

River: (13 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB
Old 07-04-2007, 07:02 PM

Default Re: Flush vs heavy action

The river raise is spew. If the board didnt pair it would be closer, but with the board pairing I doubt you have enough equity to raise when you take into account the fact that you will probably get 3 bet when behind. Also, do not open limp preflop. Even if the table is very loose your hand is big enough to raise.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:19 PM

you may have had your reasons for preflop, but I still don't like it. if you have lots of loose players behind you then you should be raising it anyways; JQs has an equity edge multiway, it makes big hands, and you tie villains to the flop by making it bigger.

just call the river, you are risking 2 to win 1 a lot of the time (not always because you will freeze up some bigger flushes) and you aren't ahead enough of the time with this action.

edit: so yah, what nina said
Old 07-04-2007, 07:42 PM

If we assume the river is a blank next time, should I raise or call?
Old 07-04-2007, 08:08 PM

if the river didn't brick, you should just call unless the opponent is a huge donk. you CAPPED the turn and he still wants to lead into you. this plus the chance of getting 3bet makes me want to call.