Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 10:49 PM

Default Re: Heroes Love/Hate Fest 11/5/7

I know I've said this before, but here goes...

The worst part is the glasses AREN'T horned rimmed, so why everyone is making the mistake is odd. Bob wears HRG style glasses and Noah Bennett wears semi-rimmed glasses, since there's nothing under the lenses but a wire, hence the name.

But this is a show with time travelers and such, so this might not be the biggest thing to worry over.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It's pretty obvious the writers have no idea what to do with these characters if they're fully powered and in close proximity with one another.

Which is pretty much exactly what all of us want...

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, it's rather depressing. halfway through season one it looked like this show was setting up for a whole series of squad-based military paramilitary scenarios with a rock paper scissor dynamic, but then with the season one final battle, fans were reminded that hey, this is nbc primetime television, don't get your hopes up.

plus it's hard to have squad vs. squad fighting when all the interesting bad guys keep getting owned. they've already lost their high level cleric (linderman), shapeshifter, and now two mindbender types. oh, but they might be picking up someone with death look powers. the liquefication power sylar learned from zane last season is infinitely cooler than death look.

and tonight's scenario was so brilliant. nightmare man walks into a fight where he has to battle two mindbenders and maintain multiple nightmares at once with particular focus on nikki. yeah, great. i actually did like the battle they had in the parkman apartment. however what is wack about it is, basically, nightmare man lost because he had more fertile nightmares in his past than matt/molly. so in other words he has gotten less powerful as he gets older and more haunted. i can accept that, but if it's true, then he should've brought backup. give the haitian to the bad guys, let's even these teams up.

the ending saved the season, basically. i was worried that west was going to turn out to be adam monroe, and actually, i will admit to being surprised (and then i said "duh") when i saw kensei. but i am so bored with time travel battles and the lack of smaller, non-world-ending tactical skirmishes. next season the show's plot should take on some sort of "treasure hunt" aspect where multiple squads have to race around the globe and/or time, and the two sides butt heads while at each location, and maybe the bad guys get a few wins or kills for once. but that won't happen because that's too much violence, so we'll keep getting teased, by the vast unrealized potential of this show.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

"Then when someone travels to the future, that future becomes their present and when they go back in time they can't change anything... see how this makes no sense?"

But the future they warp to is still the future of their world, so they can go back.

[/ QUOTE ]

One key thing I haven't seen mentioned is that when someone warps to the future, it is the future as it would be if they ceased to exist at the time of the warp.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It's pretty obvious the writers have no idea what to do with these characters if they're fully powered and in close proximity with one another.

Which is pretty much exactly what all of us want...

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I just defend shows too much, but I'm going to continue to disagree....

I think they are setting up for the series finale in a few seasons- that is when you'll finally get your big battles.

This may be a retarded analogy, but I think its like pro wrestling....

In the old days they would build up and tease fueds for months. They'd have tons of stupid stalling tactics- to give one basic example: the bad guy would be on the verge of losing and would intentionally get DQed or counted out in a bunch of matches before finally setting up the big payoff in a no DQ/no countout match.

But fans today are too impatient with that. They want constant action. So wrestling today has quick fueds that begin and end within a month.

Well its the same thing here. Heroes is telling the story like the old days of wrestling. They are setting up a bunch of seemingly unstoppable characters. And they're going to keep teasing us with glimpses of them clashing only to have cop outs or leave us wanting more(example: Season 1 finale). Then finally we'll get the big payoff at the end of the series.

Now which style you prefer(immediate action OR slow build up to the grand finale) is up to you. However I think its a bit unfair to claim that the writers simply don't know what they're doing because they've chosen to go with the slow build up and continually teasing the viewer.

Just my two cents.

100,498 and counting
Old 11-09-2007, 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

One key thing I haven't seen mentioned is that when someone warps to the future, it is the future as it would be if they ceased to exist at the time of the warp.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. That's also why Hiro and Future Hiro never met.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. That's also why Hiro and Future Hiro never met.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except when they did meet in Five Years Gone last season.

And Assani,WTF is that 100000 and counting thing?
Old 11-09-2007, 10:34 AM

Thoughts:

Basing on everything we have seen/learned, unless their is some pseudo conspiracy, it seems its Adam vs the Company/Bob. Therefore, imo, the entire reason that the Company is developing a serum to get rid of powers is to kill Adam. Adam can't really be killed if he has his powers, after all. The whole "we have to stop dangerous people" could either be [censored], or referring to Adam.

Possible uberconspiracy: Bob, when talking about Adam, said something like "he was getting crazy, talking about plagues to wipe out humanity and further evolution" etc. And now there is a plague that wiped out humanity. Created by the company. Except I thought the Company/Bob hated Adam? Hmmm? If Adam didn't initiate the entire thing, then how did he apparently know it was going to happen?

More Haitian plz, by far the coolest char on the show.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Except when they did meet in Five Years Gone last season.

[/ QUOTE ]Right, see, that was his point. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Adam can't really be killed if he has his powers, after all.

[/ QUOTE ]I dunno. If we assume his powers work like Claire's (and therefore Peter's), then if there was something stuck in his brain, he wouldn't be able to regen. I'd think that means if the company diced Adam's brain (or if Sylar removed it) then Adam would die.

[ QUOTE ]
Possible uberconspiracy: Bob, when talking about Adam, said something like "he was getting crazy, talking about plagues to wipe out humanity and further evolution" etc. And now there is a plague that wiped out humanity. Created by the company. Except I thought the Company/Bob hated Adam? Hmmm? If Adam didn't initiate the entire thing, then how did he apparently know it was going to happen?

[/ QUOTE ]I actually liked that it was unclear where the ultimate plague might come from. Sorta (exactly) like the exploding man question, when we found out it was Peter and not radiation-man.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:04 PM

BTW I'm really glad they didn't promote green week and create some stupid plot where Claire and West are picking up the trash or there is some evil superhero creating global warming or something
Old 11-09-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

"Then when someone travels to the future, that future becomes their present and when they go back in time they can't change anything... see how this makes no sense?"

But the future they warp to is still the future of their world, so they can go back.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No one mentions it because it's obviously not true since the Five Years Gone episode had two Hiros and two Andos (albiet one of them being dead). Of course, the first time Hiro went to the future, they sure made it look that way, and it looks like they might be using different rules for every instance of time travel, which would make the whole time travel thing even stupider than it already is.

Seriously, this time travel crap is damned annoying. They've taken the absolute worst thing about comic books and made it central to everything.