Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 07:34 PM

Default Re: Ask Me About Being a Police Officer

Who gives you the most lip while on teh job, rich, dumb, white 20 something know it alls, or poor black people from the ghetto?
Old 10-08-2007, 07:38 PM

If you had to fire your gun in the line of duty, are you 100% confident that you wouldn't freeze up?

Would you feel at all disappointed if you went your entire career without firing your gun in the line of duty?
Old 10-08-2007, 07:39 PM

1) Are there instances where you have let someone go without a ticket for speeding?

2) If someone had a really good reason for speeding, do you let them go?

3) What are the best ways to conduct myself or best things to say when an officer pulls me over so I can avoid getting a ticket?
Old 10-08-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who gives you the most lip while on teh job, rich, dumb, white 20 something know it alls, or poor black people from the ghetto?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure I give police officers more lip then any poor black person from the ghetto would.

Then again I value my personal liberties and believe that the only way to keep the state from taking all freedoms away is to be LOUD and VOCAL about what they are doing wrong.

If that makes me a douchebag, that is fine with me.

I may not agree with your opinion, but I sure as hell will go down kicking and screaming to allow you to voice your opinion.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I have never seen those blue/black stickers so I don't know. I do treat everyone respectfully with honesty. If I have dealt with someone many times and know their attitude, I will tighten the clamp a little bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find the thin blue line stickers extremely repulsive, that being said, I have thought about trying to acquire one, or manufacture my own.

[ QUOTE ]

For family members, it is just accepted that they can be left go with verbal warnings. Traffic violations are not the end of the world. It is just the world of law enforcement and a benefit to those involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you realize that for a lot of people this is why they tend to think of cops as "dicks"?

Police officers are sworn to uphold the law, and are supposed to be taught that the law is to be applied evenly to everyone. Doing something like letting a spouse go on a speeding ticket just because they are a spouse of another officer just really rubs me the wrong way.

And I think it goes against the entire idea of "equal protection under the law".

Respond to my criticisms if you wish, but I realize they are a bit trollish and don't want to derail your thread because you do genuinely seem like a pretty decent police officer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me ask you this, if you and a friend were both police officers and you caught his wife or g/f speeding, what would you do?
Old 10-08-2007, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure if you have a partner, but if you did, and your partner did something very illegal (like say totally lied on a police report to put somebody in jail who he didn't like), would you turn him in? Are police sort of like a band of brothers where you don't rat on each other etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have a certain partner. I work with whoever works the next shift. However, if they lied, I would definitely say something to someone. I already have, but it wasn't anything extreme. One night I was the secondary officer and we got a guy DUI. At the court hearing, some of the things the officer was saying weren't accurate (on our side) and he incorporated me as if I agreed with him on some things. I never agreed to anything, and he made it look like I was inexperienced. It has rubbed me the wrong way since that court hearing and it has given me a different view of him. I did talk to other people about it, but it wasn't anything too extreme. In your case, I would probably stop the officer first and make him think about what he is doing.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
r cops treated with special care in strip clubs? do u ever get offered any pussy to not give a speeding ticket? did u accept? i would

[/ QUOTE ]

If you read the one post about the guy punching his g/f's van. Well, one night I saw her (yuck, disgusting) and she wanted to go for a walk. I declined.

There are no strip clubs around where I work.

We had a guy in our dept. let a girl off once she blew him. He got caught and fired. Our dept. has been suffering, but we are slowly getting our reputation back. That happened at least 5 years ago.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you like telling people what to do?
what percent of police officers would you say are addicted to power?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't like telling people what to do, in most cases. I never try to throw down my authority on anyone. We have a skatepark in our jurisdiction that says at the front gate that they must wear helmets. We catch them all the time and have to tell them to put helmets on. They are starting to get the impression that we are harassing them, but I don't stop if I catch them doing spins and whatnot without a helmet on. I really don't like doing it because it's great that they are off the streets, but at the same time, rules are rules.

I really have no idea what % are addicted to power. I can't say, honestly, that I know anybody in my area that is like that.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I have never seen those blue/black stickers so I don't know. I do treat everyone respectfully with honesty. If I have dealt with someone many times and know their attitude, I will tighten the clamp a little bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find the thin blue line stickers extremely repulsive, that being said, I have thought about trying to acquire one, or manufacture my own.

[ QUOTE ]

For family members, it is just accepted that they can be left go with verbal warnings. Traffic violations are not the end of the world. It is just the world of law enforcement and a benefit to those involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you realize that for a lot of people this is why they tend to think of cops as "dicks"?

Police officers are sworn to uphold the law, and are supposed to be taught that the law is to be applied evenly to everyone. Doing something like letting a spouse go on a speeding ticket just because they are a spouse of another officer just really rubs me the wrong way.

And I think it goes against the entire idea of "equal protection under the law".

Respond to my criticisms if you wish, but I realize they are a bit trollish and don't want to derail your thread because you do genuinely seem like a pretty decent police officer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me ask you this, if you and a friend were both police officers and you caught his wife or g/f speeding, what would you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd make her blow me and not tell her hubby??? was this a trick question sir?
Old 10-08-2007, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't have very many black people in my community.

It's definitely not the rich because they keep to themselves.

I'd have to say it's the people struggling with money, who like to party and drink alot of alcohol, and fight, and the ones who are into the drug crowd. I'd put them into the 17-25 age range.