Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 08:32 PM

Default If a Pro would start PLO again from low limits...

say something between 10-50 bucks,do you think he can make it to some thousands within lets say...10days?
I thought about this alot lately,especially because i remember a post in another forum here on 2+2,which i will quote later on here, because i really think i understand alot more of the game now than lets say...3months ago but still have a hard time to win constantly, and usally its like winning huge 1day and losing off 3 days small bits of that, but always with a feeling of "beeing unlikely" or called by donks,pokerev actually shows that iam unlucky but not that much.
but enough about that/me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Also, I built $10 promotion up to $2,800 a few months after learning the game within 3 days

i just cant believe this,i mean is PLO really that much about skill so that 2+2 regs like ribbo,cymr,roundtower or big names like ivey,hanson,kaibuxxe,ziigmund.... could easily accomplish this aswell?

Thanks for Reading/discuss
Old 10-03-2007, 08:55 PM

Default Re: If a Pro would start PLO again from low limits...

Is it possible? Sure, but it's going to require absolutely no bankroll management what-so-ever.

I was bored with poker and my usual game (LHE), so I decided to do a "bankroll challenge" on stars: starting with the ~$200 I converted from W$ into cash, I've worked my way up from the $25 games to the $100 and $200 games over the course of 7 weeks (primarily the $100 games these days). I got really lucky to start with, but I would take shots at the next limit when I had 20-25 buyins, moving down as necessary.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:45 PM

of course but money management and tilt control is the key.

also, you have to know enough about the game to be a winning player.

if you have all those attributes, then there is no reason other than extreme bad luck to not make it.....if your adequetly rolled.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:42 AM

i think most of the decent players build there rolls from next to nothing. back in the day then i used to play loads of MTT's i once traced $170000 back to an $40 initial deposit over ~6 months, but the key is you need to run well and be prepared to take plenty of shots
Old 10-04-2007, 09:16 AM

At one point like three years ago I turned $0.87 cents on stars into $1500 in four days without any kind of MTT wins. I don't remember the exact sequence of events, but a friend had transferred me $30 or $40 to play $5+$0.50 SNG's. I went out OOTM in five or six in a row, played some $10 NL and got knocked down to $0.87. Since my friend had no money on stars and the only way I could deposit was Western Union, I sat down at a $0.02/$0.04 LHE table, flopped top pair like a bajillion hands in a row and left the table with $3. Sat back down at $10 NL, hit a straight flush + other assorted hands and moved to two tables of $25 PLO with $10 on each. Blah blah blah, end of the day I had $130. Played $25 PLO for one more day, won 12BI, moved up to $100 PLO, continued to run disgusting and finally won my biggest ever pot at that point which was like $500 at
$200 PLO with a $100 buy-in when my flopped straight improved to a running flush four ways.

Of course I had about $1200 in life beats a couple days later (oh for the day when I could cash money out of pokerstars to neteller and have cash in hand an hour later) and the remainder quickly disappeared when I refused to play microlimits.

Once you have any understanding of workrate, variance and bankroll management you realise that huge run-ups from tiny (relatively) amounts to 'high stakes' area statistical anomaly no matter how well you play.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
say something between 10-50 bucks,do you think he can make it to some thousands within lets say...10days?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, I got to hear the story behind this hypothetical...
Old 10-04-2007, 10:31 AM

I've turned $40 into $7k but it's taken more like 4 months.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:52 AM

good post rempel
Once you have any understanding of workrate, variance and bankroll management you realise that huge run-ups from tiny (relatively) amounts to 'high stakes' area statistical anomaly no matter how well you play.

thats what iam thinking aswell,possible but only if you are running good.