Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 10:13 PM

Default Re: dumb preflop question; what do we open in EP?

[ QUOTE ]
What do you do with AQo/AJo?

[/ QUOTE ]
i fold AQo UTG alot and fold AJo in the like first 3 spots idk maybe im a nit
Old 08-01-2007, 12:22 AM

sabr admits to being pretty LAG, so i am guessing he open raises with these
Old 08-01-2007, 12:27 AM

22+, ATs+, AJo+, KQs... Ill throw in sc's and suited aces as well as some suited broadways sometimes dependng on the table conditions (my current image, whos at the table, overall flow of the table).
Old 08-01-2007, 12:30 AM

Latley though, I have been experimenting with some open limping in EP w/ a pretty wide range...Which leads to lots of limp-reraising of weaker players and bad TAGs (Those who knows to isolate limpers light, and have wide ranges in LP, yet, they play horribly postflop).
Old 08-01-2007, 12:50 AM

in tougher games I sometimes just muck small pairs in ep and raise bigger pairs (66+ or so) plus AQo+ and some suited broadways... limping in these games sucks because sometimes it just gets folded around to the blinds, or someone will raise you with a somewhat undefined range... I suppose I could counter that by limping a wide range in order to limp-reraise more and protect myself from light isolation, but it doesn't really seem worth it to me

in softer games with more standard fish types then I'm more willing to limp in ep because of the potential for multiway limped pots and people don't really attack the dead money without a hand...

in really nitty games then I just steal the blinds with anything that looks pretty from any position until I relocate to a better table
Old 08-01-2007, 01:14 AM

i think if your limping small pairs and suited connecters and suited aces its pretty obvious that your trying to see a cheap flop and i think the whole point of suited connecter type hands is to play them in position because it is much easier to get payed off when you hit that big hand. So therefore that is why i dont open limp with that stuff in early position for the most part. I think it all kinda depends greatly on the table dynamics. If your playing at a table full of nits i think its proper to never open limp, but if your playing with a bunch of loose/passives than i think you can and should play these hands in early position obviously because they play well in multiway pots. If you are going to regularly open limp these suited hands i think it is neccesary to occasionally limp with big pairs and AK and then reraise them. Just to tell your opponents that you have a limping range that consists of a wide variety of hands and will provent them from punishing your limps from late position.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:30 AM

In PL I think you have to be quite tight in EP. AKo in UTG and UTG+1 have to be played with pot control after the flop and won't win that much. AA won't win that much either since you will be playing top pair OOP.

Playing PL is like doing business in the real estate industry: Location, location!

3 weeks ago I made a detailed analysis in PT and what I changed most was being tighter and more careful in EP. Still my VPIP/pfr is 10/7 there.

I think most (semi) regulars do not observe the positional play of their opponents. So, if you are weak-tightish early and laggish late you will fly under their radar screen for a long time.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:47 AM

22+ ATs+ AQo+ KQs, KJs, QTs, 87s+ at a table of passive and deep stacks (100bb)