Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 01:33 AM

Default Re: Stars account hacked

[ QUOTE ]

Are the accounts that the money was transferred to related to the person who you gave $100 to? If so it is time for some "thug love."

-Brendan

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont know, they probably are.

I will get more details when the guy from Stars security calls me back tomorrow.

$6700 is a lot for me. I play 2/4, not 25/50.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:46 AM

Let's play a logic game.

Mjafish, your friend must have Stars software installed on his computer for you to transfer from your Stars account to his Stars account, correct? Now if both of you have accounts at Stars and the only one to have his account hacked is just you, ask yourself why isn't his account also hacked. You would think if his computer's security has been compromised, that both yours and his accounts would be compromised.

If his Stars account is fine, and yours is hacked, then it's obvious that you're friend has a lot of explaining to do.

Well maybe it's your computer that has been hacked, and not his? Well then, it's an incredible "coincidence" isn't it that your account got hacked so soon after you did the transfer on your friend's computer.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
... I play for a little while on his PC, win some money, log out ,and go home. I made sure to clear my username and password (including the remember password box) from his machine.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he used a keylogger it won't matter if you did this.

GL
Old 06-12-2007, 02:09 AM

yes yes incredible leap of logic there. all the evidence points to him being responsible. some "friend".

his main account is busto fwiw.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
... I play for a little while on his PC, win some money, log out ,and go home. I made sure to clear my username and password (including the remember password box) from his machine.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he used a keylogger it won't matter if you did this.

GL

[/ QUOTE ]

I mention this so that people don't offer the obvious 'ohh you must have left the remember password box on.. asdf '
Old 06-12-2007, 02:10 AM

chance that your "friend" is behind this is ~99.8%.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:11 AM

6.7K is a lot to lose. Your "friend" still playing innocent, or is he just not talking to you anymore.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:18 AM

I dunno what hes doing. I haven't spoken to him since this evening. I asked some more questions, etc but got no real answers ("I didnt do it, stars must have made a mistake{lol}, etc").

All the other people I've told about this were extremely concerned and sympathetic with regards to this. "friend's" actions? not so much.

Thanks for the all the help and suggestions, keep em coming.

MIke
Old 06-12-2007, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well then, it's an incredible "coincidence" isn't it that your account got hacked so soon after you did the transfer on your friend's computer.

[/ QUOTE ]

More to the point, the thief did it from his friend's computer, as per the Stars email. Boy, I feel like Sherlock Holmes.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:44 AM

I'm trying to figure out how you could get back your 6.7K. Can't think of anything other than if your "friend" owns up to it, and agrees to pay you back. Anybody else have any ideas beside that? Seems like a completely hopeless situation.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:49 AM

I know your "friend"'s account is busto, but what about the accounts that the hacker tried to transfer to. Could Stars give you some money from those accounts if they're proven to be scammers as well? I know it's a real long shot. Other than that, I think the 6.7K is gone for good.