Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 11:28 PM

Default Re: Stars account hacked

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wait a sec.. They froze the funds but can't give you your money back?

[/ QUOTE ]

The frozen funds will be returned to me.

The $6665 that was lost sadly will not be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow that sucks, sorry bro.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the frozen account has extra money, they should give it to as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea. I will ask Stars about this when they call me tomm.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:28 PM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power

Your friend looks pretty guilty. If some hacker had installed a keylogger program in his computer, it is unlikely he'd also remotely drain your account. It's much more likely that he would just take your password and do it from his location.

Go back to his house and run something like Ad Aware to check his computer and see if there is a program to remotely control his computer. I bet as soon as you mention doing this you'll start hearing excuses why this can't be done.

Sadly, you're probably out of luck. I would make his life as miserable as possible. Tell him PS gave you the logs showing it was coming from his computer and you're turning this over to the police.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:32 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_Razor
Old 06-11-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This kid is a bit of an action junkie and likes high stakes action, hence my suspicions...

EDIT: He wanted me to login and transfer money(this was one of the main reasons I was over), and also said I should play some too.

[/ QUOTE ]

he is guilty.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your friend looks pretty guilty.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree.

[ QUOTE ]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_Razor

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the article, it definetely applies here!

OT: That type of study has always interested me.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:12 AM

You were definitely setup by your "friend". You will often find that to a gambler, money and gambling are much more important then most friendships. You should also know that most money disputes can dissolve friendships that have lasted for years...

Good luck and sorry about your loss, and do not be naive, it was him 100%.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:32 AM

However much he "cost" you I would recommend inviting him out of his place to hang out with you for the whole day. While his place is empty have someone break in and take anything of value equaling roughly what he stole from you, plus whatever mental anguish he caused you.

If you don't think this is good enough then just do what they did in Office Space to the building they worked in. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Brendan
Old 06-12-2007, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
However much he "cost" you I would recommend inviting him out of his place to hang out with you for the whole day. While his place is empty have someone break in and take anything of value equaling roughly what he stole from you, plus whatever mental anguish he caused you.

If you don't think this is good enough then just do what they did in Office Space to the building they worked in. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Brendan

[/ QUOTE ]

I would not recommend taking this matter in your own hands. $6000 is not worth any legal problems, even though you were stolen from.

Isolate from your friend, make up the loss, move on.

I had a friend with a gambling addiction max out my credit card for $4500. It is ugly.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-Brendan

[/ QUOTE ]

I would not recommend taking this matter in your own hands. $6000 is not worth any legal problems, even though you were stolen from.

Isolate from your friend, make up the loss, move on.

I had a friend with a gambling addiction max out my credit card for $4500. It is ugly.

[/ QUOTE ]

If $6000 isn't anything to OP then sure don't worry. If this is more than 20% of what you are worth, and if you are a young poker play that is highly possible, then it is worth getting this back. If the kid is willing to rob you then he is willing to accept what might happen to him because of this.

I have had "friends" screw friends over before over a few grand and it hasn't been pretty what has happen in return. I don't suggest physically attacking him, but if you know 100% he robbed you, and you rob him back he isn't gonna go running to the police.

Are the accounts that the money was transferred to related to the person who you gave $100 to? If so it is time for some "thug love."

-Brendan
Old 06-12-2007, 01:10 AM

Everyone,

Put this http://passwordsafe.sourceforge.net/

in one of these

and whenever you want to log on to your poker site just plug that into your computer.