Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2007, 05:49 AM

Default Being an allied of the US ...

Considering the ruling in the UK against the US pilots who shot down and killed a UK soldier, I have nothing much to say, but I woo the US for it's refusal to co-operate in the following coronial inquiry. Who needs allies like that? It seems that where US economic, or whatever interests, are at stake, being allies doesn't mean very much!

Thanks to this administration!

PS: My reading of current US politics is that regardless of what is posted on these forums, there is a surge going on, by the silent majority, and it is not in Iraq, but against the current administration, hopefully setting the US back on its long abandoned course of standing for the good, in the world. How I woe the demise of the USSR, which was the only thing keeping the bully and imperialist in check. We do need a balance of power and it makes me think that Iran, and other countries, demand of access to nuclear power is legitimate in that respect.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:43 AM

Default Re: Being an allied of the US ...

[ QUOTE ]
Considering the ruling in the UK against the US pilots who shot down and killed a UK soldier, I have nothing much to say, but I woo the US for it's refusal to co-operate in the following coronial inquiry. Who needs allies like that? It seems that where US economic, or whatever interests, are at stake, being allies doesn't mean very much!

PS: My reading of current US politics is that regardless of what is posted on these forums, there is a surge going on, by the silent majority, and it is not in Iraq, but against the current administration, hopefully setting the US back on its long abandoned course of standing for the good, in the world. How I woe the demise of the USSR, which was the only thing keeping the bully and imperialist in check. We do need a balance of power and it makes me think that Iran, and other countries, demand of access to nuclear power is legitimate in that respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

The most powerful may at times be a bit like a bull in a china shop. Maybe it just comes with being the largest, sometimes.

A balance of power amongst Western liberal democratic Constitutional republics would be one thing, and might actually be a good thing. Shari'ah-craving Islamists possessing nuclear capabilities would be another thing entirely.

Maybe 20 years from now when they try to force Australia to live under Shari'ah law you'll realize that not all balances of power are a good thing. Then too you might find out who your real allies, and who your real enemies, are.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe 20 years from now when they try to force Australia to live under Shari'ah law you'll realize that not all balances of power are a good thing. Then too you might find out who your real allies, and who your real enemies, are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed 20 years from now is a long time from now... I'll trust the US people to get their government back on track before that! C'mom democratic surge, do it! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-17-2007, 08:36 AM

Personal Attack Deleted by jman220.

1 day suspension.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:14 PM

1. I did not and would not make a personal attack against Midge. I like and respect Midge's posts, he seems like a smart guy (always a big plus IMO).

2. I did find his op here to be, IMO, poorly articulated, poorly thought out and capped with an implication (Iran w/ nukes) that I found obnoxious. Further, I believe he demonstrated a lack of awareness about the US public and the present administration (an administration that I do not support) that I believe warranted a response.

I chose a to make a humorous response that asked a question about Pygmies. Unless Midge is a Pygmie, or his family was murdered by Pygmies, or possibly he has been previously accused of shooting pygmies (which is not likely because Pygmies are actually in Africa-Aboriginals are in Australia and so is Midge) there is no way my post could be construed as a personal attack.

As a matter of fact, it was obviously meant to be taken as a joke and was even leveling him, because of the Pygmie versus aboriginal reference ie: demonstrating a lack of knowledge and understanding about his country and referencing the sad oppression of the Aboriginal people.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I had a disagreement with my girl friend. Obviously this means we are not compatable. Looks like I will have to break up with her... She is obviously a bad girl friend...
Old 03-19-2007, 08:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling America imperialistic? Saying he misses the former USSR, the country that brought us to the bring of destruction on more than one occasion. A country that is responsible for the murder of tens of millions of people?

This guys is obviously from Russia, a country that hasn't changed at all. Their President is a murderer, and yet the Russian people do nothing about it.

Bush may not be a great president, but at least he doesn't murder the opposition. Go tell Putin to go hire a hit on more world class journalists, and shove it.