Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2007, 12:42 PM

Default Communist China Has A History of Peace.....NOT

[ QUOTE ]
CHINA will never invade another country, they only want the chicken state which they already have if you look now with tibet as part of their land .

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL.....er yeah. Ted Bundy never killed anyone if you exclude the women he killed.

China has invaded and conquered Tibet, attacked Vietnam, attack UN forces in Korea and briefly occupied Seoul Korea before US forces pushed them back. They have attacked and taken land from India, fought numerous border skirmishes with the USSR (it was Nixon that exploited this to drive a wedge between the Soviets and the Chi-Coms).

They have attempted asassinations on pro-indepence Taiwan leaders. They regular harass US patrol planes over international waters. A few years ago, an over zealous Chinese fighter pilot rammed a US survelence plane forcing it to make an emergency landing... In the 1950s, J.E. Hoover's FBI found evidence that Communist China was counterfeiting US currency as a means of economic warefare aginst the USA....

Its takes a VERY creative perspective to paint Communist China as a peace loving nation..... I think China has the right to build anti-satellite weapons and I find the US State Department's whining to be quite embarassing. However, Communist China does NOT have the right to destroy a satellite in space creating a thousand pieces of shapnell that can endanger other countries satelltites...
Old 01-25-2007, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Communist China Has A History of Peace.....NOT

You quote the past like it is the present China has undergone radical political, economic change in the last 15yrs. China has virtually no border disputes at present and Tibet is firmly part of the country now. If you understand Chinese mindset you will understand Tibet was always part of China they needed to reclaim the whole chicken. They will never expand outside of the Chicken, this is written in stone believe me.

If you understand Chinese culture they are not expansionist they are not Japanese or Mongolians, Han people have no interest in conquering the world. But will always protect the middle kingdom.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You quote the past like it is the present China has undergone radical political, economic change in the last 15yrs. China has virtually no border disputes at present and Tibet is firmly part of the country now. If you understand Chinese mindset you will understand Tibet was always part of China they needed to reclaim the whole chicken. They will never expand outside of the Chicken, this is written in stone believe me.

If you understand Chinese culture they are not expansionist they are not Japanese or Mongolians, Han people have no interest in conquering the world. But will always protect the middle kingdom.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's consistent. Besides, if China has gone through so many changes, why does this pseudo-mystical chicken babble still have significance?
Old 01-25-2007, 02:55 PM

One point is about political and economic change, which removes it from happenings of the 1950s and 60s mao era. One is about thousands of years of cultural heritage which is ingrained into these 3 very distinct groups...my points make perfect sense.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:02 PM

I think we are missing a key part of the issue just focusing on the military buildup in China, I think that in the short term China and the US are extremely interdependent economically. Given globalization and the rise of other economies in developing countries this could change, but it would not be for many many years.

They're economy has been slowy implimenting capialist changes because everyone loves more money. I think it is entirely plausible that this move could have a large effect on the chinese government in the future. I think in the future a conflict will become even less likely.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Despite growth in free enterprise, in the last 15 years China has become more repressive politically, not less. So the political changes of which you speak are in fact negative.