Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 12:42 AM

Default Re: Limit material.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
is this thread worth reading?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, it's just a couple of wanna be poser "pros" talking about playing 1,500,000 hands a year at .50/1.00 to make $50,000 a year before taxes.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not really poser since they are doing something for a profession and are probably putting in the same amount of time that they would working at any other job. I'm not saying it's going to be fun playing 5-10 tables of 0.5/1 every day for 9 hours, but it could be done. However, if you could sustain 1.5-2BB/100 at that level, under those conditions, you could probably just move up to 2/4 at least and work half as much for the same money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could also make 40K a year if I stood at an intersection with a cup every day for 10 hours. Would that be a professional?

Its all about what you are willing to do. For me, if someone says they are a professional, that means that they work a certain amount and get paid.

Also, if you are a professional you are actually decent at what you do. If you are good enough to "go pro", you shouldn't be wasting your time at baby stakes.

I will say it one more time, anyone playing below 3-6 is not a pro. They are just grinding out some cash.

Seriously though, 1.4 million hands a year at less than 1/2?

At some point, you would think they would get decent enough to go for broke and play 2=4

[/ QUOTE ]

Standing at an intersection doesn't improve anything, so you won't be able to "move up" [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]. I know you are trying to name an extreme example so we can get your point. You point is clear (At least that's what I think), you are saying that players who are currently grinding at low stake can't name theirselves "pro" in this career, which I partly agree. If someone only wants to grind out 9 hours a day at $0.5/$1 without the motivation to improve and move up, I also think it's truly pathetic.

Anyway, I personally think it's very tough to be a "true" pro who only has to work for low amount of time everyday to enjoy a high living standard. I know it sounds funny for a beginner to say they are going pro when they can only win at micro stake. About 1% of them will get there, but it's better than most other opportunities if succeed [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]