Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 06:08 PM

Default Re: Absolute Cliffsnotes (Mod edit: AP thread, part 2)

[ QUOTE ]
Could this be related to the hacking of the pokertracker website?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, it happened a bit before that.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do think some people overstimate how much this will impact online poker. I'm not sure how much general exposure this will end up getting, but I think the fish will see it as another cheater getting caught, which has happened before and will happen again. Hopefully he will be made an example of and the only effect is increased security on the bigger sites. Sure, for some droolers this will validate in their small brains that their losses were due to something like this all along, but I think in the end this getting outed will be for the better.

[/ QUOTE ]

It will be for the better, but I think you underestimate what this revelation will do. Some people will walk blindly through the dark until they see the light. This will be the light for a lot of people.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It will be for the better, but I think you underestimate what this revelation will do. Some people will walk blindly through the dark until they see the light. This will be the light for a lot of people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you expect to see a drastic difference in the online games in coming days or weeks? I know some of the smaller sites won't feel a thing, and I think the bigger sites have enough of a playerbase to where the people that actually do stop playing because of this alone won't make much of a difference.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do think some people really seem to overstimate how much this will impact online poker. I'm not sure how much general exposure this will end up getting, but I think the fish will mostly see it as another cheater getting caught, which has happened before and will happen again. Certainly it depends on *how* this comes out and comes across to the public, but hopefully the guy will be made an example of and the only long-term effect ends up being increased security on the bigger sites. Sure, for some droolers this will validate in their small brains that their losses were due to something like this all along, but I think in the end this getting outed will be for the better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think people saying it was bad for poker were saying it would be better if nobody cheated AP in the first place. I think its def. good they got outed though.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:18 PM

OT (kinda):

Can someone explain the middle right panel of Admo's GTA (the one with black dude/buzz lightyear/rockemsockem robots)?
Old 09-16-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you expect to see a drastic difference in the online games in coming days or weeks? I know some of the smaller sites won't feel a thing, and I think the bigger sites have enough of a playerbase to where it won't be noticed, either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's hold off until we see where this story goes. I think 2+2 is popular enough to pull some serious pub. If this story only stays with this website then I agree with you. I really think this is just the start.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you expect to see a drastic difference in the online games in coming days or weeks? I know some of the smaller sites won't feel a thing, and I think the bigger sites have enough of a playerbase to where the people that actually do stop playing because of this alone won't make much of a difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

The bad thing is that most of the players who stop playing will be the losing players, not the winners in the game. At least, I assume the winners are a bit more logical and wont go on some hissyfit quitting spree.

Default Re: Absolute Cliffsnotes

[ QUOTE ]
Can I ask where is the source confirming that Seif was let go by Absolute? I met with him at the WSOP and he was still very much involved, not just as a promotional pro, but i'm nearly positive he was a part-owner.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has told me in chat that he is still involved.... I thought I had an email from him stating something similiar, but I just looked and cannot find any evidence so all I really have is my word that he told me he was still quite involved.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think people saying it was bad for poker were saying it would be better if nobody cheated AP in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are definitely people thinking it (this getting out) is going to have a very bad impact on the health of the games. I thought this going public could have a really bad impact myself, but after some thought I really don't think much is going to change in the games on non-Absolute Poker sites.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:26 PM

The evidence is pretty damming and I hope this guy gets crucified, but the only reason that he got caught is because he got sloppy. You can't exclude the possibility that more proffesinal hackers are out there who won't make such blatant mistakes.
Closed Thread