Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 10:52 AM

Default 2 Players depositing through same credit card?

I have a friend who's credit card doesn't work for Poker Stars. Mine does. If he deposits through my card (rather than me transfering money, because then he wont get the bonus) PS wont suspect me of multi-accounting or anything will they?
I ask a lot of idiotic questions on this forum.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:05 AM

Default Re: 2 Players depositing through same credit card?

I would doubt that Pokerstars will allow the same credit card used on 2 different accounts. Their is a thing called a database. Simple select query they run before authorization if a credit card number has been used previously by a different account holder. I WOULD NOT TRY IT. Minimally both account should be locked, and their would be some splaining to do.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:08 AM

Sounds like you are asking for trouble. Why not give him cash and let him go to moneygram--whatever its called-- and deposit. I can see another post coming saying mu account has been locked.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:41 AM

I think if you guys have the same name and live in the same place and are two distinct people it should be fine.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:24 PM

Thanks for input, I guess I wont try it.

[ QUOTE ]
I think if you guys have the same name and live in the same place and are two distinct people it should be fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:37 PM

I deposited on 2 different FTP accounts using my Neteller (as I'm English) and they had no problems. I can re-deposit and withdrraw both accounts to this.

However when I tried a 3rd account I got the message that it was declined due to the Neteller account already linked to a FTP account.

Not sure why I can do it twice but not 3 times? All they said was use a different payment system. Was no big deal they didn't threat to block the accounts or anything. I would think Stars would be similar in that I don't think anything drastic would happen if you tried it. May get rejected but thats about it.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:25 PM

Actually last year like a week before the WSOP( I had won a seat through PS) My friend got a pay as you go credit card and tried to deposit on his account, and it didnt go through and then I was like let me try the card on my account. And then my account got locked until I faxed them my id and some bills in. I would advise against it and they said if I tried to use same credit card as smeone else used b4 that it would prolly get locked again. Its more or less just a big hassle
Old 09-11-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually last year like a week before the WSOP( I had won a seat through PS) My friend got a pay as you go credit card and tried to deposit on his account, and it didnt go through and then I was like let me try the card on my account. And then my account got locked until I faxed them my id and some bills in. I would advise against it and they said if I tried to use same credit card as smeone else used b4 that it would prolly get locked again. Its more or less just a big hassle

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a separate forum for brags I think
Old 09-11-2007, 08:13 PM

I would just email Pokerstars support and ask them.