Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Libertarians
I consider myself a libertarian and agree with the pro-israeli stance more than the pro-palestinian one. 16 76.19%
I consider myself a libertarian and agree with the pro-palestinian stance more than the pro-israeli one. 5 23.81%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2007, 07:29 PM

Default Re: My Campus is getting shot up.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Edd, I love you. But it's not. Not by a long shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

well probably but im pretty used to students getting killed

in the 3 years of high school
-one dude run over and backed up on repeatedly while walking his younger sister to the store
- 4 kids involved in a wreck on a coastal highway pulling 90 and meeting a construction truck headon
- countless shootings on the football stands/field/school whenever we would play vs compton/hamilton or any other ghetto school
- asbestos outbreak
- bomb threats

theres probably more im forgetting. whatever im not gonna derail this thread or anything with how public schools in la were practically smaller jails.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is absolutely nothing like what just happened, what on earth are u talking about
Old 04-16-2007, 07:32 PM

from the looks of that blog, i wouldnt be suprised at all if it was him.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:33 PM

I expect we will find that the gunman had been treated for depression and related stuff. Some of the drugs being used are not well tested or understood. Its something like X% gets better, X% doesn't, and X% kills themselves or someone else. Only time will tell if we are causing more rather than less violence with these treatments.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I expect we will find that the gunman had been treated for depression and related stuff. Some of the drugs being used are not well tested or understood. Its something like X% gets better, X% doesn't, and X% kills themselves or someone else. Only time will tell if we are causing more rather than less violence with these treatments.

[/ QUOTE ]

The drugs just give you the motivation to go out and do stuff. Unfortunately that happens to be kill yourself/others for some.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:38 PM

I'm reading that the shooter used two 9mm pistols for this. I can't even imagine how long this guy has been practicing for this day. Because hitting 50+ people using pistols seems like it would be nearly impossible. In my mind I thought for sure it had to be automatic weapons (and was hoping maybe this would lead to more gun control). But if it's 9's, I doubt anything will come of it.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
About blaming the college and going on about mistakes (on the news etc) should be saved until afterwards- now should be about mourning the loss rather than pointing the finger

[/ QUOTE ] i agree 100% with this. obviously many questions need to be answered and in time they will, and obviously many people here in BBV were directly impacted and have strong opinions towards this. but time will figure this out and hopefully there will be some decisive answers, however right now all i can think about is keeping everyone in our thoughts and prayers and hoping the numbers dont rise instead of playing the blame game. stay safe OP and VT
Old 04-16-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe someof the reports IDing the shooter say that he wasn't a VT student.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard this too. I don't think it's wise to start spreading rumors.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm reading that the shooter used two 9mm pistols for this. I can't even imagine how long this guy has been practicing for this day. Because hitting 50+ people using pistols seems like it would be nearly impossible. In my mind I thought for sure it had to be automatic weapons (and was hoping maybe this would lead to more gun control). But if it's 9's, I doubt anything will come of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

He had a 9 and a 22.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:48 PM

R.I.P. Ryan "Stack" Clark - 4/16/07
Old 04-16-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He had a 9 and a 22.

[/ QUOTE ]

So nothing automatic, correct ?