Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 12:37 AM

Default Re: Pokerstars Theme (free]

[ QUOTE ]
What's the deal with the new update? I now have a funny black Pokerstars logo in the center of my tables that doesn't belong there.

Edit: I'm only seeing it on Everlong's theme. I'm looking through the Stars folders but I can't figure it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

the update hasn't affected the themes on my computer, but i have several messages from people who have the same logo issue.

try this patch - (run AFTER you launch stars)

http://psthemes.com/forum/index.php?...mod;dl=item125

please post and let me know if it works for you
Old 09-13-2007, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What's the deal with the new update? I now have a funny black Pokerstars logo in the center of my tables that doesn't belong there.

Edit: I'm only seeing it on Everlong's theme. I'm looking through the Stars folders but I can't figure it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

the update hasn't affected the themes on my computer, but i have several messages from people who have the same logo issue.

try this patch - (run AFTER you launch stars)

http://psthemes.com/forum/index.php?...mod;dl=item125

please post and let me know if it works for you

[/ QUOTE ]

I opened Pokerstars, then ran your .exe file. Shut down Stars, reopened and got the dialog box saying there are new updates to install. Of course after this I am still getting the stupid new logo.

Should we be bypassing the update file or is this supposed to work regardless?

The stock themes don't even show this new logo, but my personal custom theme and Everlong's theme that I installed still do.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:07 AM

the patch is only a temporary fix - run it AFTER launching pokerstars - then switch back and forth between themes

if you restart pokerstars, it is going to rewrite the files back to the way they were and the logo will come back
Old 09-13-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the patch is only a temporary fix - run it AFTER launching pokerstars - then switch back and forth between themes

if you restart pokerstars, it is going to rewrite the files back to the way they were and the logo will come back

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been drinking. I THINK I followed your instructions and it didn't work that way either.

Yeah, I just tried it. Opened the lobby, then ran your program, then opened a table. No luck.

Edit: I do have a nice little bitmap named ps.bmp that says [censored] off Pokerstars in my Gx folder.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:47 AM

lol, ok

until the update hits my computer, i'm kind of flying blind. I'm sure there is a simple work around. I'll work on it tonight.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:56 PM

Does anyone have a download link for me of this more then cool pokerdeck?
Old 09-13-2007, 03:06 PM

I ment this one

[ QUOTE ]
For those who don't know, if you launch PokerStars the "regular" way, it will run an update and overwrite these files. You need to run the non-update version to keep the cards. You can still update every now and then, just save a backup copy of this stuff.

Cardback (I made this in Paint, be nice. It's not perfect, but it works):

Cardfaces:

The cardfaces were borrowed from by?k and were posted in this thread: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...ue#Post10971010

All I did was plug them into paint.net and crank up the saturation, which makes them a lot sexier imo.

Enjoy!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-13-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Support,

I make and distribute Custom PokerStars Table Themes from my website www.psthemes.com

I have gotten a number of messages from users, stating that the latest update from PokerStars has placed an obtrusive PokerStars logo in the center of their custom themes.

If this is so, you have destroyed a year's worth of work and financial investment in my Custom Theme work.

If you are concerned about having the PokerStars name displayed on the tables, I would gladly comply and incorporate it into my table themes.

As it is, the themes I (and many others) have made are completely useless.

I was very proud of the fact that my themes, and distribution method, complied and integrated nicely into your softrware.

If you insist on forcing your logo smack dab in the middle of my (and countless others') playing field, I shall be forced to resort to the old ways of over-riding your software and encourage people to dodge your software updates! I MUCH prefer our previous harmonious existence.

Please see if someone in your organization (responsible for themes) can contact me and help me understand the situation and the future of Table Themes and players' freedom of expression.

Thank You for your great service and software to this point.

Regards.
Bar Nuthin
www.psthemes.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Doug,

First I would like to apologize for this issue. We (support) were not made aware of the details of the update until after it was released. There are many bugs and this particular update has been rolled back. For the meantime anyone experiencing this issue should uninstall and reinstall the software to go back to the previous version.

We have made some dramatic changes to our software to allow for the ability to resize the lobby among other changes. However the logo issue was not supposed to affect custom themes. The powers that be have been made aware of this and will be looking into changing that for the next update once we work out all bugs and have it ready for release.

On a side note, how the hell are you! Costa Rica is going good, buying a car this weekend so that will make life much easier. Seems I will be staying here for quite a while. Even if things change in the states they are very impressed and happy with my ability to manage and likely will be moving up in the PokerStars world over the few months.

Well have to get back to work and make sure this is fixed so it does not negatively affect the hard work you have put into your themes. Take care and keep in touch.

Xxxxx
PokerStars Support Team
Old 09-13-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

There are many bugs and this particular update has been rolled back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol tell me about it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I was not lucky enough to receive this version 3 client, all I know is that for the few that got it, it broke almost *all* of my scriptings [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

So I wait in anticipation of much fixing to be done - I just hope it arrives when I have the next few days free - or preferably, without the changes that cause breakage, of course [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

dave.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

However the logo issue was not supposed to affect custom themes. The powers that be have been made aware of this and will be looking into changing that for the next update once we work out all bugs and have it ready for release.

[/ QUOTE ]

The update is back, but the big logo is still there [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]