Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2007, 05:17 PM

Default Re: ***Official*** Winstar 2+2 meetup 4/22

I work on Sundays. Do this on a Fri or Sat in the future and I would be willing to make the trek.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:36 PM

i'm probably going saturday as well.

i'll be wearing a greyish t-shirt w/a big 77 on the back and an a&m hat.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:50 PM

I'll be in the room Saturday evening, I expect... probably after 7 or 8.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:53 AM

i went tonight, and it ended on a pretty sour note(nothing to do w/winning or losing). i'm not sure if i have any desire to go back this weekend.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i went tonight, and it ended on a pretty sour note(nothing to do w/winning or losing). i'm not sure if i have any desire to go back this weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting story?
Old 04-21-2007, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes please do tell us the story! I may go today and/or tomorrow. I'll be the guy with the face.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:26 PM

basically, this girl was playing next to her husband/boyfriend/fiance or whatever. i drew out on her on a hand, and she started berating me.

for about 3 hours, she kept making totally bitchy, rude comments at me.

i tried to be friendly about it saying something later like, "well, i don't want to call b/c if i make my hand, you'll yell at me (haha)." but, she just kept being a total bitch.

at one point, i said "what," b/c she said something about a hand. she responded with, "if you see these lips moving, trust me, they aren't talking to you."

later, there was a point where she bet like the 3rd nuts(full house) on the river, and after i called, she immediately asked to see my hand before i could muck.

later (this wasn't towards me, but bitchy nonetheless), she bet a river on a K-high board, and after a guy called, she did the thing where she flipped over 1 K, and then flipped over the other K.

so, about an hour or 2 after i had already asked for a table change, and probably 4 after the whole thing started, her guy bets into a flop of about 6 players, she calls (she's in the 7 seat, he's in the 6, and i'm in the 9), and after everyone folds, they check it down.

this is about the 3rd time this has happened, and about the 2nd within 30 hands, and it's late, and i'm irriated at her being a bitch, so i say "are y'all really gonna check it down every time you're in a hand together?"

to which she responds, "are you gonna cry about it every time."

so i'm pretty fed up at this point. to make a point, i call over the floor. i tell him what they're doing, and she immediately starts bitching and moaning and making totally irrelevant points about how "this guy has been calling down w/bottom pair all day, and he's just a sore loser...." yadda yadda. i'm sitting w/about 1250 at a 500-max 2/5 game...so i'm obviously not being a sore loser.

anyway...after it's all said and done w/some arguing, i eventually tell the manager how she's been "being a bitch for the last 4 hours."

this doesn't sit well with the guy who threatens to kick my ass....and things get more out of hand. and i'm pretty much telling him he's a [censored] for letting her act like a total bitch, and then trying to beat up someone who gets pissed about it.

finally, the manager determines that i'm the [censored], and tells me i need to get up from the table. i'm telling him great b/c i've been trying to get a table change for a couple of hours.

so after i get up and ask what table i can go to he tells me, "no, you're done for the night(it's about 3:30 am). at one point during the argument, i let the f-bomb slip, and he says something about me not having any respect for the ladies at the table (what a joke).

so i'm totally pissed b/c i like to have fun when i play poker, and i've never ever had any sort of issue like this ever over hundreds and hundreds of hours of live play.

so after i cash out, i ask to speak to the head of the room.

two guys come over, and i explain the situation, and they totally understand. they ask me if i still want to play. they are really cool about it, and explain that the two of them playing at the same table together has been an issue before now.

anyway, after it was all said and done, i'm not really that upset. i still think the first manager that told me to leave was a total douche/idiot. but, luckily, they have people above him that actually know what they're doing.

/end rant
Old 04-21-2007, 03:43 PM

When I'm faced a beeotch or wiseass at the table, I take out my ipod...drowning out the table with music always works for me. Then, I keep an eye open for another table...don't wait for the floor to reseat you...they have a lot of things going on and will forget about you. You probably know this...but I thought I'd toss in my 2 cents.

I hate couples at the table, too. They make me nervous. I know of a father/daughter team I avoid every time I see them.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:24 PM

Sounds like you handled it the best you could,especially if you asked for a table change well before it all went down.

Was the bad floor guy the morbidly obese guy? I had a problem with him on Wednesday.

Also, I would have handled her bitching far worse than you. I would have said "Lady, I am not your husband. I don't have to listen to you bitch" or something like that.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:58 PM

Yes, which floors were which?

As far as getting a table change goes, I think from my experience with it, the solution is to go ahead and get up from the tabloe, take your racks and go get on the waiting list. They just don't seem to be able to handle reseating well.