Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2007, 08:51 PM

Default Re: 5/10 live game play that I got blasted for!

[ QUOTE ]
After a break I post from LMP cause live poker sucks and its boring

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Hero posts LMP with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG raises, 2 callers, Hero calls

[/ QUOTE ]

Causal relationships FTW.

Don't know if I'm a big fan of the flop 3-bet, if only because you made it without knowing the table, thus limiting, not enhancing, the pot you're going to win. You're not going to fold anyone at a live game who has two diamonds higher than yours, and with the flop raiser behind you you're unlikely to get a free card out of it, costing you an extra BB on the turn. And when you DO turn the flush, everyone with a broadway card of that suit who remains in the hand would have given you action on the turn...if you hadn't folded their overcards.

BTW, last night a flush-crazed villain (to whose immediate left I moved ASAP) pulled a move something like this in a raised 5-way pot. What he didn't know when he hit his flush is that I had two higher flush cards. A significant amount of his mobnies (as well as those of the guy with the nut straight who didn't properly read the board) now reside in my wallet.