Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 04:45 PM

Default AK preflop do we call shove?

I've been playing extremely aggressive(26/23) and havent shown down a hand since I sat down (50 hands)

opponent is 11/10 (125hands)and has not gotten out of line from what I have seen.

do I call shove?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $69.10
Hero (BB): $165.85
UTG: $20.00
BTN: $117.00

UTG posts $1.00
Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">BTN raises to $5.00</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $16.50</font>, UTG folds, <font color="red">BTN raises all-in to $117.00</font>, [i]Hero?
Old 10-03-2007, 04:57 PM

Default Re: AK preflop do we call shove?

you need like 42% equity and you aren't getting even close to that that until his range is QQ+,AKs,AKo, which is like a quarter of all the hands he raises. I think against this guy's big 4bet, I find a fold.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:57 PM

This guy doesn't play many hands, so he picks his spots. I guess he does that here as well, with AA,KK,AK or QQ. I'd fold. Against looser guys I call.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you need like 42% equity and you aren't getting even close to that that until his range is QQ+,AKs,AKo, which is like a quarter of all the hands he raises. I think against this guy's big 4bet, I find a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of numbers are we looking at so that a call in this spot would be profitable?
Old 10-03-2007, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What kind of numbers are we looking at so that a call in this spot would be profitable?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on stack to pot (which defines the equity you need to call) more than anything usually. 4bet AI ranges are usually KK+, but sometimes include QQ and AK. Best to note it specifically rather then guess. If forced to guess, I'd be more inclined to call smaller stacks with higher preflop aggression than larger stacks with low preflop aggression. I don't think it really maps up to VPIP terribly well, except at the extremes. This hand falls at an extreme, where there is virtually no chance he's doing this lighter than KK+. Even this guy I'd call though, if the pot were offering me 4:1.