heel 0 0%
face 0 0%
BASTARD! 2 40.00%
ship it holla trollas 3 60.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 09:59 PM

Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, OCTOBER, READ RULES IN TOP POST

I'll take ur last post as evidence of how ignorant of Kingston you are.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:13 PM

Ok, well I've only been here for 4 years as a student but I have seen a bunch of [censored] up stuff. I guess I am biased because I come from a relatively prosperous neighbourhood in Toronto with low crime rates and little violence. Most of the bar fights my friends have gotten into have not been initiated by them and have almost always been with townies here. Clearly you want to defend your hometown and I don't blame you. You have to admit though that there are a lot of problems here (especially social). There's a used needle deposit box in the Tim Horton's across from the church where kids shoot up on princess. Youth and people under 30 seem needlessly aggressive and crime north of princess is a problem. I guess the area I observe the most and are in contact with is downtown so I see polarized examples that shouldn't be applied to all of kingston.

I didn't mean to offend you devin. I am sure that people are successful here and live meaningful lives. All I was trying to say is that there are a lot of misguided people here who seem needlessly aggressive and have caused a lot of my friends grief/pain.

Feel free to make a lot of insulting comments about Toronto b/c I realize how [censored] up it is there too and will unlikely disagree with you.

I also realize how many of these problems are social problems that should be remedied by the Ontario/federal gov't but have yet to be corrected. Crime is likely high and people's dreams go unfulfilled largely b/c cost of living is expensive and unreasonable and our social welfare system isn't adequate. If it's any conciliation, I voted NDP a few days ago in the provincial election (they lost unfortunately). Call me ignorant, I don't really care that much. My views are biased. I'm sure it's b/c I live downtown and see potentially the worst of the town. I shouldn't have generalized in the first place. Sorry.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This just in:

New England sports teams are apparently pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

but we pwn your hockeys

Michigan Hockey 4, BC 3 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2007, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
just a random guess b/c you often post a lot of "beat" type hands here and seem to run fairly bad all the time. Also the bridge in hint #2 made me think of you feeling like [censored] and wanting to jump off of it or possibly getting thrown off it by donks who think they know how to play. Live you often see a lot of well dressed morons playing like [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

boooo your answer is correct but your reasoning if wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it "just when I thought I was out...they pulled me back in"?

Edit: Yesterday at the poker game with the middle-aged people blown away by the amount of T's and 8's flopping, one guy kept saying that when he "had to" call.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:39 PM

Here are the cliffnotes of the almost getting in a fight story.

edit: These certainly are not cliffnotes its the full story.

We got to alehouse canteen were at the front of the line the bouncer asks us to back up. PTB explains that he's trying to back up but he doesn't want to knock people over. Bouncer says I don't care just back up.
PTB says Sorry everyone I need to push you out of the way the bouncer told me to. I don't want to push girls down but this is what the bouncer told me to do. Bouncer says "you want to be a dick, well I can be a bigger dick you aren't getting in here or any other bars in the hub tonight. I say something like the difference is you'll always be a dick because your a [censored] douchebag. Bouncer is not pleased we leave to go to another bar. A long the way we discuss the hiliarity of the bouncer saying you can't get into any of the bars in the hub as if he's going to take his PTB's picture and get it passed around to all the bars in the next 10 minutes.

Anyways we go to smijies we're at the front of the line bouncer says something about the line being really unorganized so he wants to put up a rope and asks us to backup. I obviously comply he puts the rope in front of us. So PTB is in the line and pudge and I are on the other side. Bouncer tells us to go to the back of the line. I explain we were in line with PTB for all this time than you asked us to back up and put the rope in front of us. Bouncer is basically like F off go to the back.

Well I'm not taking that obv... so I just wait a minute or two and step over the rope to rejoin PTB. Random feminist bitch who from now on will be RFB starts lecturing me about skipping the line. I use the word lecture because she spoke down to me like I was a six year old. Now as she lectures me I explain that we were in line with PTB and she keeps speaking down to me. So I say "listen sweetheart, I've been waiting in line for twice as long as you".
RFB responds I'm not your sweetheart I'm his sweetheart and points to a guy about 6 inches taller than me. At this point I'm obviously worried and begin to back track when the boyfriend tells me to stop. But at this point I see my housemate who while isn't very big has a black belt in kung fu and would obv kick this guys ass. So I explain the story to him and he tells me if a fight starts he has my back but he doesn't really want to fight. So as this is going on RFB is lecturing PTB while he stands there obviously not listening to a word she is saying, I periodically jump in with saying comments like "YAAAAA GIRL POWER" or giving RFB a standing ovation. The boyfriend isn't really pleased... and keeps telling me to stop and threatens to smash my face in the curb... I realized I should prob stop. PTB says something to the girl about how stupid she is pudge asks here if she's gloria steinem or something like that... and than we decided to leave before a fight starts.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:45 PM

lol the smij is such a dirty bar. tons of underaged girls there w/ fake ids so watch out... you don't want to get arrested.

My friend's party that I went to last night was composed of probably 30% underaged girls, and by underaged, I mean 15. I got pretty drunk and remember something about getting serviced in a back alley... good times though.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:47 PM

who is PTB?!!
Old 10-14-2007, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
who is PTB?!!

[/ QUOTE ] PTB
Old 10-14-2007, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I voted NDP a few days ago in the provincial election

[/ QUOTE ]
I for one am surprised.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:06 PM

They only lost by about 2000 votes to the liberals in my district. The reasons for my political views are pretty complicated. I guess you figured that with the whole bashing of some kingston townies that I'd be conservative? It's kinda too complicated to get into here. Even though I don't have much respect for a lot of people, I still recognize that individuals should have an equal chance to succeed, regardless of their starting position in life.
Closed Thread