Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2007, 03:37 PM

Default Loose pre-flop, tight post-flop

Hallo, friends. I'm a new player and this is my first post on twoplustwo. I came across the site having read some Harrington and Slansky and being really impressed with the quality. I transfered 20 dollars to PokerStars last Friday and have been playing the .01/.02 tables. For the most part it's been easy, but I had a particularly though time Monday and lost about 5 dollars. I'm trying to figure out what went wrong.
I was playing in the morning/afternoon instead of the evening/night, which is my usual time. Before I'd been winning mostly due to playing patiently and getting a lot of action off my good hands. The game Monday was a little different though. There were generally 3-4 players seeing the flop even with a pre-flop raise, but once the flop came they were much tighter. I wasn't hitting many flops, but if I did I never got action. I didn't bluff, because I didn't want to bluff into 2-3 players with nothing. If it was just me and one other person on the flop I would often win the pot with a continuation bet. The pots I won were small and my money steadily declined from the blinds and paying to see flops. I made almost no hands, but I feel like if I did I would have only won small pots with them.
Primary questions: Did I just have an unlucky streak or should I have been beating this game? What strategy would you employ against players who are very loose pre-flop, but tight after the flop?
Secondary question: is day time tougher on PokerStars or was this just a fluke? This session took place on at least two different tables (sequential, not simultaneous) I should add and the play was similar on both.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:42 PM

Default Re: Loose pre-flop, tight post-flop

cbet flops when you raise and miss if they're folding when you hit.
Good luck and keep reading here, it sounds like you have a lot you can learn [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-25-2007, 04:02 PM

Even with 2-3 other players still in the hand?
Old 04-25-2007, 04:57 PM

i do cbets on NL25 only against 1 or 2 opponents with dry board and villains who were able to fold