Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2007, 08:06 PM

Default NL50 6max: good line with TPTK vs. opponent aggression?

Villain seemed semi-tight, semi-passive over a very small sample here (I think around 25 hands at the time), but almost an unknown. I don't think we'd been involved in any significant pots so far. Should I lay this down earlier? I figured the flop minraise could be a tester, and the turn bet was smallish, hence the calls.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $50.45
Hero: $49.75
CO: $23.30
Button: $9.45
SB: $35.20
BB: $50

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, 4 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($5.75, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4.75</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $9.5</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($24.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $13.5</font>, Hero calls.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($51.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG is all-in $24.95</font>, Hero folds.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:14 PM

Default Re: NL50 6max: good line with TPTK vs. opponent aggression?

Umm i think if you make a decision to call the turn then the you really have to call the river too. It's important to have a plan for subsequent streets in these situations and obviously calling the turn here the intention of folding to a river push is pretty -EV. If you were planning ot only lay it down if a Q or K came then I think that's flawed too as QJ doesn't make up much of his range.

Anyway I probably would've just shoved the turn or called planing to call the river.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Umm i think if you make a decision to call the turn then the you really have to call the river too. It's important to have a plan for subsequent streets in these situations and obviously calling the turn here the intention of folding to a river push is pretty -EV. If you were planning ot only lay it down if a Q or K came then I think that's flawed too as QJ doesn't make up much of his range.

Anyway I probably would've just shoved the turn or called planing to call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thought was that a weaker J might lead on the turn after I failed to RR on the flop, but would be unlikely to get it all in. If I'm in position and my cbet gets raised with TPTK, is the standard line (vs. unknown) to get it all in? Or alternatively, to call the raise and then c/f the turn and river?
Old 01-17-2007, 08:38 PM

some villians are so aggro it makes you sick, if you call the turn call the river, you will be absolutely shocked at how often you are ahead.....he was beyond pot committed so he had to put the rest in, what does a check gain him? whether he is beating you or behind he isnt checking.