7 5 10.42%
8 3 6.25%
9 3 6.25%
10 1 2.08%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2007, 01:27 PM

Default Re: How about a 2+2 SSMTT

[ QUOTE ]
So who's going to put this plan into action?

[/ QUOTE ]

Would it make sense to set this up in an MTT Community forum thread?
Old 10-24-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the point of this tournament is for SSMTT posters. Most of MTTc's regular posters play much higher buy-ins.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the point of this tournament is for SSMTT posters. Most of MTTc's regular posters play much higher buy-ins.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. many of the higher stakes players conribute on these threads and we can learn a lot looking at their threads.

They should definitely be given the opportunity to get involved.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:41 PM

2+2 still has the trout games

Seasiren is setting them up in the STT forum 10+1 PS, Alantic and Pacific times.

never played, but would enjoy live critic and/or smack talk
Old 10-24-2007, 01:42 PM

I'm not saying don't let them in the tournament. If they post in SSMTT they will see this thread.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:48 PM

Sigh...this thread is out of control with people who don't know what they are talking about.

Look, if we are going to do it on Stars, my understanding (from setting one up before) is that you MUST use the standard structure.

That means no double stacks, no 30 minute blinds, nothing like that. I don't think they allow rebuys either.

The best way to do it is like this:

$5.50 buy-in. If we want to make stakes higher than this, we ship to someone who holds the extra money.

For example, if you want to play a $10 tournament, you could just set it up to play a $10+1. Or, you could set it up to play a $5.50 and ship $5.00 to someone who holds, effectively making the cost $10+.50 rather than $10+1. That person pays the "held" prize pool out exactly according to the way Stars distributes it. Get it?

Now, to set this up, you have to have 2K+ FPPs.

Mayyybbbeeee Stars would bend on some of this, but I doubt it. They made it sound pretty clear to me that if you want to set up a private tourney, you have to use the assigned structures.

Anyhow, someone with 2K FPPs, a bit of common sense, and who is trusted and respected really needs to get the ball rolling if this is going to work. Throwing out ideas that aren't even feasible is really a waste of time.

As for FTP, I don't know anything about how their private tournies work. Do they have adjustable structures? Is there a requirement to set one up? I don't know. Someone else will have to look into that.

Sherman
Old 10-24-2007, 01:57 PM

Sherman,

The HSNL HU tourny was set up as a private tourny by stars. That had a custom structure. Of course that was a much higher buy-in with people who pay a lot of rake to Stars so I'm sure they were a little more willing to help them out. But I wouldn't say it's out of the question to see if they would allow us to have 3k starting chips.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sherman,

The HSNL HU tourny was set up as a private tourny by stars. That had a custom structure. Of course that was a much higher buy-in with people who pay a lot of rake to Stars so I'm sure they were a little more willing to help them out. But I wouldn't say it's out of the question to see if they would allow us to have 3k starting chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm also sure that is why. Someone can look into it, but the original e-mail I recieved from Stars made it sound as if they really weren't into adjusting structures.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:39 PM

Maybe someone can ask FTP Doug to set this up? Email FTP support for the win? I would, but I don't think they like me that much, lol. I will anyway. Hold on:

Dear Sir/Madam

Some of the fine members of the 2+2 community would like to set up a small stakes ($10 buy in) private tournament on your site. A few of them are still more loyal to other sites (ahem, Pokerstars), so I think this will be a fine time for you to recruit some more regular members. At least a few of them are donkeys who will tilt off some serious rake.

Also, why isn't your 24+2/180 tournament running so slow? On Pokerstars, it's like every 15 minutes, but here, it's like 3 hours. I don't understand. Don't they see that 24/180s are a perfect opportunity to play for 1K without having to wield through 800+ opponents? So bad.

Anyway, we will have a tourney once (maybe twice) a month. It should be a good time and, if you have a site manager watching, he won't have to gruel through terrible play (well, he would, but less so).

If you allow us to have this tourney, I would also like it if you unbanned my chat for one day. I'm sorry I called that guy what I called him. I really want to engage in conversation with some members of the community who would undoubtedly partake in this tournament. I have many, many things I want to say during the contest. Then you can ban it again.

Please let me know what the procedure is for setting up this private tournament?

There, that should do it.

Barry
Old 10-24-2007, 02:40 PM

Anyone who wants to do a prop bet on who gets in more minraises, let me know.

Barry