Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-26-2007, 12:10 PM

Default Re: ***Official Pac-10 Basketball Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Arizona isn't really in their class

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Arizona is the better team, no? I know, I know, Kansas is ranked #4, but come on, Arizona is the better team.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a reason KU was favored by 14. Remember all we really lost from last year's Elite 8 team is Julian Wright. I'm a perennial KU bball pessimist but #4 seems pretty reasonable to me. Arizona is a great team as well, but Kansas is definitely better.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:13 PM

Is Budinger really that good? Maybe as a draft prospect but I've never really been impressed with him on the floor.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:56 PM

Brockman's a stud. A real workhorse with more offensive game than I thought. He's got a real J, too, although his range isn't much beyond 15 feet.

Demtmon is a terrible point guard, but he is a good scorer whose decision-making hurts the team a lot less when he's the 2. The continued development of Overton is key for Washington in this regard; the more Demtmon plays off the ball, the better.

-McGee
Old 11-26-2007, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is Budinger really that good? Maybe as a draft prospect but I've never really been impressed with him on the floor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what's not to like about him. Sick athlete, good range, plays smart (last night's confusion in the endgame -- a result of poor communication from the coach -- notwithstanding). Maybe you've just caught him in his bad moments?

-McGee
Old 11-26-2007, 02:38 PM

I'm not that impressed with Budinger at all. Strikes me as a decent enough college player, but no hope in the pros.

Demtmon is [censored] retarded. I honestly think that's the most appropriate way to describe things. He makes painfully bad decisions at every turn. Romar doesn't help by asking his team to play at a pace that doesn't really match their skill set. I like what little I've seen of Overton.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pac10 is going to be shamed tonight. arizona and sc will both lose badly.

[/ QUOTE ]
great call.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not that impressed with Budinger at all. Strikes me as a decent enough college player, but no hope in the pros.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about his game do you think won't translate well?
Old 11-26-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What about his game do you think won't translate well?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not that fast, I haven't seen a ton of ability to get his shot off on his own, and (this is just from personal observation) he's not accurate enough at this level to to make me think he'll translate well as a pro.

His biggest plus right now is that he's tall and can get his jumper off over people because he can jump. He won't have that same edge at the next level.

Also he has really bad hair.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:42 PM

I gotta say USC looked pretty darn good last night. I was squarely in the "USC was preseason overrated" camp but I'm thinking I just underestimated how much Hackett meant to the lineup. Interesting decision to bring Taj and Mayo off the bench, but after they came in USC outscored SIU by more than 2-1. I am still getting the feel for this team. There are so many freshman and sophomores on the roster. Like this kid Davon Jefferson. I'd never even heard of him but he put up a USC high 20 points last night. I also don't understand people that find Mayo to be unimpressive. Maybe he's not living up to the hype but I've only watched 3 USC games so far and he's scored 20+ in 2 of them, and last night he seemed very comfortable putting in a modest 13 because the team was rolling and the scoring was spread out pretty evenly over 4-5 guys.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:47 PM

My problem with Mayo was his lack of intensity. Yeah, so a guy with his talent can put up 20 against San Diego and Miami (OH) in his sleep; that doesn't mean he should actually sleepwalk through the game.

Last night was a different story. Much better, even if his production was down.

-McGee