Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 12:26 PM

Default Mohegan Sun Electronic Tables??

If anyone cares a friend of mine just called from Mohegan and told me he is on the list to play 1/2 no limit on their electronic tables. Apparently today they are debuting. He sounded kind of drunk already so i didnt get much info from him but he said it looks like that had about 10-15 tables. I didnt see anything about them on their website so I will head over there later and check them out and find out more info!
Old 11-09-2007, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Mohegan Sun Electronic Tables??

Any 2/5 or 5/10 NL tables?

Foxwoods will kick their pants. While I like the idea of electronic tables, people seem to prefer traditional tables when they have a choice.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:56 PM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=1#Post12816099

About 15 threads below this one. This isn't news, lol.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=1#Post12816099

About 15 threads below this one. This isn't news, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thnks for the link. I didnt see this and i guess im too lazy to look back 7 pages
Old 11-09-2007, 02:41 PM

It's news (albeit, maybe not new-thread worthy) cause the tables are now live. But still news worth mentioning.... mmm. "lol"
Old 11-09-2007, 03:16 PM

I doubt an electronic room will succeed with a live room 15 minutes away.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:19 PM

I dont think they intend of having a electronic room but this might be away to get people intersted in poker before the 40ish table room opens.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt an electronic room will succeed with a live room 15 minutes away.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it stands a good chance if that live room is staffed with Foxwoods employees.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:33 PM

Hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting in a thread similar to one I started.

Anyway, I'm sure that the hardcore player will choose the room that best meets his criteria for what makes a good room. I however am a casual player who only goes to Foxwoods because they have poker. My wife and her family prefer Mohegan by a long shot and it's tough for me to fight that, especially when my father-in-law gets comped for things at Mohegan.

I don't know that I'm crazy about etables but if it's a choice between playing on them and making the family happy and playing on live tables I'll probably choose the etables much more often than not.

I guess my point is that I assume there are others like me who might support Mohegan's room as long as it's not grossly worse than Foxwoods.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess my point is that I assume there are others like me who might support Mohegan's room as long as it's not grossly worse than Foxwoods.

[/ QUOTE ]

The eTable poker experience can be about as good or even better than a game with a flesh and blood dealer or much worse. A lot will depend on how well they implement and manage the eTable room.

You will like the increase in speed and find the social element can be almost as good as a regular table. But if they want to rake per average hand just as much as Foxwoods Mohegan customers will have a good reason to complain. The eTables are significantly faster and Mohegan should be able to make up for a smaller rake with increased hands per hour and eventually reduced staffing costs. The eTable/Mohegan staff repeating the mantra "Think of the money you save on dealer tips!" really doesn't cut it, or at least it didn't at Hollywood Park where the complete drop on flop was $4 +$1 for a $1/$2 blind NL game with a $40-$100 spread buyin.

For further reference I used the 2+2 Search function keying on the word "+disingenuous" and my user name to find this old thread regarding the "implementation" at Hollywood Park.

~ Rick