Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community

Old 11-27-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: Need Help - Staking/Smoking Pot Question

I don't smoke weed because it's ILLEGAL. OMG BAN THESE CRIMINALS.

Seriously now, don't get into a deal you're not comfortable with. I don't smoke so I will probably never back someone that smokes since it makes no sense to me. If the stakee thinks he plays better high he'll have to work something else out since I don't believe that you can play significantly better high/drunk/on coke. Maybe you make some different plays here and there but they probably even out in the long run.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

However, it's great for keeping me from getting overly upset at myself for playing badly. And, it just feels good and brings a smile to my face and joy into my heart. It's the tickle at the bottom of my feet and the angels pulling on the sides of my mouth making me smile. As Wesley Willis might put it, marijuana is joyride music, and keeps me off the hell city bus.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been trying to avoid playing while high because it seems like a bad idea, but I'm def doing it now.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:20 PM

If I want to play my A game for 1 hour, I play sober.

If I want to play my B game for 3 hours, I'm high by the time I sit down.

That may sound like an indictment, but how often do any of us even play our B game consistently?

I can play longer periods of time while keeping an even keel (no tilting, spewing, etc), even if my play isn't 1000% my best.

Put into concrete examples, let's say if I'm playing my A game I can beat my usual stakes for 12ptbb. Now, that's awesome, but the problem is it is incredibly difficult to maintain peak performance over the course of many hours and hundreds/thousands of hands.

Now, let's say when I'm playing kinda ripped, I have an 8ptbb winrate. Again, not really that close to as good as my best, but the upside is I can play this 8ptbb winning game for two, three, six hours if I want with little to no drop off.

Considering how often we play neither our A nor B game, I think you can see how both have their situations when one is more desirable than the other depending on time available, motivation, etc.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:29 PM

what constitutes playing your B game? if i play very well up until the 500/1000 blind level and then try to resteal from some tight player with 97o, is that A, B, C, D, or F?
Old 11-27-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what constitutes playing your B game? if i play very well up until the 500/1000 blind level and then try to resteal from some tight player with 97o, is that A, B, C, D, or F?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL at the number of times I've done something retarded like that. Sometimes it probably has to do with being high, other times it just has to do with me being a retard.

Sometimes I'm sure it has to do with me NOT being high and wanting to go do other things, so I'm like "meh, decent spot to resteal, POOOOOSH"...instacall... "[censored]...AA"
Old 11-27-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it starts in my toes, makes me crinkle my nose, wherever it goes. it makes me smile, maybe stay for a while now...

[/ QUOTE ]

ty, just bought this on itunes. not sure if they are talking about weed. could be talking about champagne or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol maybe im an idiot but i thought it was clearly about the feelings of love etc.

i dunno i could be retarded weed or champagne fits lol
Old 11-27-2007, 04:30 PM

It's so definitely weed man, [censored] love it doesn't exist, unless of course it's my love of weed
Old 11-27-2007, 04:31 PM

I know this is going to ruin the thread, but I've never smoked pot before...not even one puff. And frankly, I'm not really interested in it either, couldn't tell you why... I drink, occasionally smoke a cigar, but I've never smoked weed.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:49 PM

This does not have to be an 8 page thread. The OP (I said "OP" tytyt) is asking if he should make it an issue, not whether smoking pot is good or bad for playing poker.

It is your money sir, and if it bothers you in any way that one of your players smokes pot, does cocaine, drinks orange juice, or likes the Red Sox, then you can choose to make it an issue. If his drinking orange juice or smoking pot makes u feel uncomfortable about his ability to perform, then you certainly have a right to raise the issue. The player certinaly can discuss the pros and cons with you but in the end you need to make the decision as to whether his orange juice habit is something that you are willing to accept.

I will say that forbidding him from drinking orange juice creates many issues, not the least if which being a built in excuse for the player if he should lose. Give us the power to change what we can something or other and the power to know when we someotherthing.

sheets
Old 11-27-2007, 05:49 PM

sheets no one would back a redsox fan if they knew it ahead of time. They all suck at poker just like their team does in the longrun.

Shortterm variance makes them feel inflated [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].