Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

View Poll Results: Would You Participate in a weekly Prison Break discussion
Yes 21 77.78%
No, I watch the show but wouldnt participate 4 14.81%
No, Don't care! 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2007, 03:27 PM

Default Re: Stars VIP Wild speculation

HEY SCOTTY!! Im always tracing your posts and yet to ask the question ive been wanting to!! I want to save up fpp and get a car... but i want an infiniti G35... is this still possible?? would i have to use the conseirge service? the car would be worth about $30,000... so how much fpp? Thanks bud!!
Old 11-17-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Must be a Porsche

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are going to be limited to one automaker then Porsche is by far the best choice. Just doesn't do much for me since I already have one. I might be interested in an SUV but in the sports car category the only Porsche I'd like would require 30 million FPPs which is not really realistic.

My Porsche dealer is a hybrid Porsche / Audi / VW dealer. Stars wires the $60k to the official Porsche dealer. Would I be required to buy a Porsche or is the requirement only that the money be wired to a Porsche dealership?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you trying to act like such a baller? You play $1/$2 and $2/$4 LHE.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he sports bets too. Why are you calling out someone when you don't know anything about any other part of their lives? I think you are a huge dbag for this, and I think everyone else will probably agree. It isn't your job to call out anyone. Go back to BBV
Old 11-17-2007, 05:54 PM

Thanks for the defence. I saw the post and ignored it because I didn't want to derail the thread. If he wants to put a wager on what I drive he can PM me and I'll be happy to make arrangements (I won't hold my breath) otherwise lets just get back to discussing the VIP program.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:58 PM

So you can't pay rent with the concierge service, but can you buy a house? I think that make a pretty good blog story or whatever.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HEY SCOTTY!! Im always tracing your posts and yet to ask the question ive been wanting to!! I want to save up fpp and get a car... but i want an infiniti G35... is this still possible?? would i have to use the conseirge service? the car would be worth about $30,000... so how much fpp? Thanks bud!!

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty sure $1000 per 62k FPP unless otherwise stated
Old 11-17-2007, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you calling out someone when you don't know anything about any other part of their lives? I think you are a huge dbag for this, and I think everyone else will probably agree. It isn't your job to call out anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why are you calling out someone when you don't know anything about any other part of their lives? I think you are a huge dbag for this, and I think everyone else will probably agree. It isn't your job to call out anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

[/ QUOTE ]

You low limit scrubs defending each other is cute. Maybe you should reread his post and see why I called him out. I saw him bragging in some other thread about his baller lifestyle and coupled with this post, well, someone needed to call him out, so I took the bullet. It will improve his life greatly when he realizes that talking about what car he drives or how much his expenses are won't help his self- esteem issues. It was just a little bit of amateur counseling from me. No charge.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:09 PM

-----the car would be worth about $30,000... so how much fpp?

1,860,000 FPPs
Old 11-17-2007, 11:34 PM

thetruth and pokerboy - I'm kind of in-between on it.
It definitely seems a bit braggard of henry to just be casually sneaking in there "Hey, I already drive a porsche. Don't need another one."

I too wonder how he would get enough points for this to be an issue for him anyway because I thought he frequently only played 1 or 2 low-stakes tables at a time.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe have a tiered structure for concierge.
1.6c minimum for $1k and higher or whatever their minimum is.
1.8c if your item is $17k or higher.
2.0c if your item is $35k or higher.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Microbob is onto something here. I recall Scottyy saying something earlier in this thread about the VIP program being built on the idea that people would save FPPs for larger items. To encourage this, giving a better FPP conversion rate would make sense.

A similar thought I had along the same lines that I haven't seen discussed is adding bigger bonuses...instead of having just the 100k FPP for $1500 bonus...why not add a 500k FPP bonus...a 1M FPP bonus, etc...and just gradually up the value of each FPP as you increase the bonus amount? Currently I try to use the Concierge service as much as possible since the FPPs are worth more there than they are when you buy the bonus...surely Stars would prefer not to have tons of Concierge requests, but rather just allow players to save FPPs and buy mega-bonuses at concierge+ rates. Plus with concierge the dollars are in your account in a couple days whereas the bonuses require playthrough...another reason for stars to improve the fpp rate for bonuses.