Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 10:15 PM

Default Re: I feel like a sucker

Decent spot to try the "he knows, I know he will never fold" 3-bet bluff. You'll get there a lot anyway and gain teh meta effects without costing you much.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:14 AM

I don't really get the flop peel. It's a tiny pot and you've got some crappy backdoor draws and reverse implied odds. I'd much rather check/fold this most of the time and sometimes check/raise (like I would with Qx and 7x hands). This is a decent board to check/raise because there are no draws so "obviously" you have one pair here.

After the flop peel, I really don't get the bet/call turn line. Are we trying to get him to fold a better Ax hand? Trying to get him to fold a worse hand that probably has four outs? Are we trying to represent a hand, or just betting because we picked outs? I think check/calling this turn is the way to go absent a read that some other line is better. I think bet/calling and bet/3betting generally suck here.

After check/calling the turn, I'd play poker on the river if I don't improve. I'd tend to check/fold unless it's someone who frequently three barrels with air.

I really think spots like these are ones where a very small number of players squeeze some EV out of, but most players end up losing money on. And I know we all fancy ourselves among or soon to join that elite group of excellent players, but really if you like money, sometimes you should take the easier route and avoid putting in lots of bets with a crap hand.*

* Obviously, the tougher the games are, the more you have to be willing to play some tough spots to make your play not completely transparent to other good players. But the money in mid-stakes games comes from the fact that most players are not very tough and they don't adjust to your play very well.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:15 AM

Flop peel?
Old 09-24-2007, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really get the flop peel. It's a tiny pot and you've got some crappy backdoor draws and reverse implied odds. I'd much rather check/fold this most of the time and sometimes check/raise

[/ QUOTE ]

imo odds are too good to fold imo
Old 09-24-2007, 01:24 AM

Sorry, I misread the flop as a check/call. So basically ignore everything I wrote, sorry.

I still think turn check/fold is best because he's not folding anything better and he's not calling with much worse. Give him a chance to bluff his worse hands. Then evaluate the river, being more inclined to check/call since I expect him to check behind most A highs.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop peel?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he is confused as am I, as to how villain could check behind on this flop. You have played with this guy alot, no? what does this typically mean?

Ok nevermind didnt read whole post.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I misread the flop as a check/call. So basically ignore everything I wrote, sorry.

I still think turn check/fold is best because he's not folding anything better and he's not calling with much worse. Give him a chance to bluff his worse hands. Then evaluate the river, being more inclined to check/call since I expect him to check behind most A highs.

[/ QUOTE ]

sweetjazz,
did you misread the board too? imo this is a pretty easy c/c on the turn since he obv likes to showdown a ton vs. you.

Also, could be wrong but i don't think great HU players chk behind the flop all that often. Some players will do it on drawy boards with small pairs, A-hi, and occasionally K-hi but they almost always intend to SD cheap.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:16 AM

Whoops in my correction, I meant to check/call turn, not check/fold. What to do UI on the river seems like it could be harder based on how likely you think villain will bluff a worse hand and how thin his value bets are.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:05 AM

Default bump for results

HOWMANY,

can we get the results and your thoughts?
Old 09-26-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sweetjazz,
did you misread the board too? imo this is a pretty easy c/c on the turn since he obv likes to showdown a ton vs. you.

Also, could be wrong but i don't think great HU players chk behind the flop all that often. Some players will do it on drawy boards with small pairs, A-hi, and occasionally K-hi but they almost always intend to SD cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest its hard for me to decide what the best line is for the turn because we already know the turn action, my thought process is tainted by results [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]